im starting to get scared...

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

im starting to get scared...

Post by Vincent XIII » Sun May 04, 2008 5:59 am

ok well the CD-I is starting to get pretty old... and not many people baught it... and we dont even really have a working emulator and the batteries cant last forever... will the CD-I die?
Happy Today! and remember Santas watching you! and he has a shotgun he uses on the bad kids XDDD

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Sun May 04, 2008 10:05 pm

everything will die eventually but the Atari 2600 is much older but its not dead yet, and I don't think the CD-i is dying at a faster rate than other consoles. My player was made in 1998 and I bought it brand new so I don't have to worry for about it for some time. Btw there are players that do have replaceable batteries you know.

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

Post by Vincent XIII » Mon May 05, 2008 5:12 am

good... thats not a good thaught... =P lol i cant imagine in about 20 years my wii, ps2, gba, CD-I, DS will be dead and i will have no reason to own the games o.o
Happy Today! and remember Santas watching you! and he has a shotgun he uses on the bad kids XDDD

gtdalby
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by gtdalby » Mon May 05, 2008 8:07 am

You sure the CD based games will still be in a good enough condition to play? ;)

phatrat1982
Softech Recruit

Post by phatrat1982 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:09 am

this very fear is the main reason why I made the switch to emulators and roms even though ideally I prefer to play on original hardware truth is some consoles and games are so rare emulating is the only way to really enjoy those games now.