Your CDi Games

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
thomas
Softech Recruit

Post by thomas » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:57 pm

Here's mine, look under Philips CDi section:
http://www.videogamecollectors.com/gall ... mId=192054

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:33 pm

I really like the Head Crash Triple Pack you have, I'm going to make an extra effort to get that one :-) Was that from ebay.fr like most the other CD-i titles?

http://www.videogamecollectors.com/gall ... mId=201240

thomas
Softech Recruit

Post by thomas » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:08 am

Hi, head crash I found in a second hand store in Cornwall. Most of my CDi collection comes from another second hand store in Reading, they were selling them for GBP 7.00 each at the time.

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:44 pm

Nice find, I wish I could find one one on ebay.co.uk as I have no chance finding one out in the wild

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:38 am

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:26 pm

Your the man! :wink:

Hope this guy ships to the UK.

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Managed to win that one, went for quite a bit though + expensive shipping on top..

But least I've won it :) So thanks for the link..

j_eits
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by j_eits » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:49 pm

I've started to upload pics of my CD-i items at http://www.videogamecollectors.com/gall ... mId=270921 I'll add more CD-i and Photo-CD stuff in the next days.

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:30 am

awesome collection. you have some very rare games especially that german Malboro game. whats it like? can you make a screenshot?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:44 am

Nice! Those are some rare CD-i items! That Marlboro disc I've never seen before, but it has been mentioned a few times a few years back. From the pictures it seems like an audio CD which include a CD-i chapter? I'l like to find out more about it!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

j_eits

Post by j_eits » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Shroo-man wrote:awesome collection. you have some very rare games especially that german Malboro game. whats it like? can you make a screenshot?
I’ll make screenshots as soon as I find some time to make good ones… They won’t look as good as yours anyway, but I’ll try my best. My plan was to do screenshots for all the uncommon games/software I have at once.
The game itself is a strange kind of game. As the title says it’s a routing game, so you must find a route. You start on a map which is divided into squares (5 x 5, iirc) and you have to drive your car from one corner of the screen to the other. (By the way, the car is just a cross and the way is always the same.) When you enter a square, the view is changed from the map to the square. Difficult to explain, but I think it gets clearer when I’ve done the screenshots.
Bas wrote:Nice! Those are some rare CD-i items! That Marlboro disc I've never seen before, but it has been mentioned a few times a few years back. From the pictures it seems like an audio CD which include a CD-i chapter? I'l like to find out more about it!
Yes, it’s an Audio CD with a CD-i chapter. Track 1 is the CD-i game and the Tracks 2-6 are Audio-Tracks. I think this was quite common for early multimedia-CDs, but I’ve never seen it as a CD-i before.
By the way, the first thing when I’ve got the CD was to do a backup, so the data is safe.
Bas wrote:Thanks for sharing the pictures!
It was long planed, but it took until last Monday to find some time for it. I really enjoy reading your blog, so it’s nice when I can give something back.

I started working on an article about the German and French CD-i magazines yesterday. I’ll let you know when I have a result. I’m also doing cover scans from all the issues I have anytime soon. (In case you’ll need them for your blog.)
I've managed to win an auction with six issues of the “Electronic Entertainment” magazine, so I'll get some more information about them soon and I hope they all contain the CD-i magazine. (And: The magazine had a cover disc and all the cover-discs where included in the auction, so let’s hope that they’re not full of PC stuff…)

j_eits

Post by j_eits » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:43 pm

Okay, I was faster than I thought, screenshots can be found here:
http://www.videogamecollectors.com/gall ... mId=271938
I remembered the TV-box a friend gave to me some time ago. I need to check if I can get higher resolution pics, but I think these ones are okay for a first try.

By the way, I didn't remember it correctly, the map is 4x4 squares.

I will add more screenshots in the next days.

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:34 pm

Wow what an amazing cd-i collection! Loved looking at the screenshots and covers. Thanks very much for posting this for us.

Just one question - what kind of game is ''Cd-i Mit der Maus''? Is it a children's title?

Thanks
Alan

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Yes, CD-i Mit Der Maus is a children's title (in German). It was published in Germany, but manufactured by SPC in Holland.

It's themed around the four seasons and what happens on a farm during that time (the subtitle is Maus auf dem Baurnhof - Mouse on the Farm). There are a few small games and a number of educational videos.

Here are two screenshots from the intro; I'd like to show you more but it crashes on CD-i Emulator :-(

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:45 pm

Thanks cd-i fan for putting those screenshots up for me! I thought originally that ithe game was ''Santa Claus Mice'' translated!!

All the best,
Alan