french PC-style boxes

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

french PC-style boxes

Post by Shroo-man » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:07 am

Flashback isn't the only one with an exclusive french PC-style box. There are at least 4 different ones that I know of: Chaos Control, Flashback, Secret Mission and Voyeur.

here are 3 different ones

Chaos Control

Flashback

Voyeur - auction

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:39 am

I know of the following big box releases but unsure weather there all french versions:

Chaos Control
International Tennis
Litil Divil
The joy of s e x
Forbidden City
head crash triple pack
promotional copy of Burn:Cycle
Secret Mission
Voyeur
Merlin's Apprentice
Flashback

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:06 pm

The 7th Guest and Burn:Cycle also have big box versions. They were sold here in the Netherlands, but I can't remember what language was on the box. Also Merlin's Apprentice was available in a big box. It's possible this was only in a specific country, as Philips Media had their own publishing offices in different countries like Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands.

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:07 pm

I have the 7th Guest Big Box version and it's in English

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Re: french PC-style boxes

Post by K1ngArth3r » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:45 pm

Shroo-man wrote:
Voyeur - auction
I was going to go for this one, but the when I asked the seller If he would post to the UK I didn't even get a response! I asked in both French and English as well!!

Oh well, if he doesn't want to sell the item what can I do.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:11 am

It surprises me the Voyeur box doesn't say Philips on the place of the publisher (down left), but something like 'Max Stage'. That's typical, why is that and what is Max Stage? The jewelcase just had 'Philips' printed on the boxart (Although Philips was carefully not to connect its name to 18+ titles on CD-i !

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:24 pm

Just to add to this.....

I was searching for CD-i stuff this afternoon and found a guy selling some CD-i gear on AV-Forums (From 2005)
BOX SETS : ALL VERY VERY RARE

Mad Dog Mcree - box set with LIGHT GUN - still brand new in packaging, even the velcro not used, SEEN THESE SOLD NOT SO LONG AGO FOR £55 !! ( minty miny condition. )

Alice in Wonderland Box set - this is so so rare, Ive havent seen one for sale in years

Nfl football collection 3 disk set

Pac Panic box set - again rare

The Wacky World of miniture golf- again very very rare to find a box set of this game

World Cup golf box set - again very rare, and still one of the best golf games around
Does this mean that there were Box Sets/Big Box versions of all the games above?

Anybody seen these? (Obviously excluding Mad Dog and NFL)

Source:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/archive- ... e-set.html

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:01 am

Alice in Wonderland Box set - this is so so rare, Ive havent seen one for sale in years

Nfl football collection 3 disk set

Pac Panic box set - again rare

The Wacky World of miniture golf- again very very rare to find a box set of this game

World Cup golf box set - again very rare, and still one of the best golf games around
Yes, but differently from the french style CD-ROM boxes. Although I think he refers to the USA box that came with every CD-i game. Pac Panic was the only EU game in a carton box as it held the manual in a lot of languages within the same box, making the size twice as big. The same happened with World Cup Golf. Originally, both were only available with a carton sleeve (because that's what it is, basically). Wacky miniature golf was in Europe only released in a large jewel case, but in the US they had a jewel case with a carton sleeve, again.

Alice in Wonderland was, like a lot of first generation games in the US like Dark Castle, Defender of the Crown, Battle Ship) released in a big plastic box with a sticker on it, bundled in a carton sleev including the manual.