converting files found on a CDi disc

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Buckeyetim
Burn:Cycle Activated

converting files found on a CDi disc

Post by Buckeyetim » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:20 am

I have some training videos that a company had created back in the 90's that show employees how to operate various company machines. The training videos reside on CDi discs. The company would like to have access to the videos so that they can use them on a Windows PC.

I can get them off the discs using IsoBuster but the extensions of the files are .mm1, .mm2, .mm3, .mm4, .mm5, .mm6, .mm7

Using the program AVS Video Vonverter I can convert the ones that end in .mm7 to avi's or mpegs. However I can't do anything with all of the other extensions.

Does anyone know a way to look at these other extensions?

phatrat1982
Softech Recruit

Post by phatrat1982 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:56 am

If you just need the video files why don't you look into getting a cheap video capture card and just capture the video from the actual CD-i console and convert it that way? That is what I would do.