Zelda Animation?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Darqlink51
Burn:Cycle Activated

Zelda Animation?

Post by Darqlink51 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:02 am

Hi,

I'm new here, but I already posted that on the new members sticky...

Anyway, to the point: I was considering making a fourth game for the CD-i based on the Zelda series. This would be both a homage and spoof on the original Triforce of Evil, but mainly the first two, Faces of Evil and Wand of Gamelon. You would play as the King and it would be called Harkinian: The Quill of Judgment, and would act as a simultaneous sequel and prequel to both of the games. It would also make passing references to Zelda's Adventure, uniting all three.

Gameplay-wise, it would be the same, but a bit easier so its actually playable. Sprites for enemies and such would be reused, but some more may be added in. It's probably going to be more like it was produced after Ocarina of Time, so there could be Dekus and other such things.

This would be free, of course, I would probably just put it on Filefront or Fileplanet. Whether or not I can actually get it to work on a CD-i emulator or so that it can be burned to a CD and played on CD-i is currently unknown, but I would love to do something like that. It would probably be an EXE as most people don't have the emulator or system, however.

Scripting has almost been completely written out, casting is complete (probably just one or two voices), etc, but I have one question: Does anyone know about how the animation was done? I've heard shadowed rumors of MS Paint being used (not too surprising) or (more likely) that it was hand-drawn, but I'm not too sure.

This post, however, is mainly because I wanted to announce the project. It's barely even started, so some positions may still be available.

Wish me luck!

Collision Cat

Post by Collision Cat » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:32 pm

Ahh, cool idea. Have you seen some of the many Zelda CD-i YouTube Poops, in which they mix up the voices and animation to make them say different, often humorous things? Maybe the game could have some relation to them. Here's an example of one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJjSOkfRw9c

Darqlink51

Post by Darqlink51 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:52 pm

Actually, if it weren't for YTPs, I wouldn't have found the cutscenes. Thanks anyway!