My Humble Collection

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
tlh
Burn:Cycle Activated

My Humble Collection

Post by tlh » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:06 am

Hi, I am new to the forum and thought that I would share. I collect alot of games not just CDI. In fact, I really never thought of the CDI as a collectors game system. At least, not until recently. I have seen the available number of titles really dry up in the US over the last 6 months or so. I have a large Neo Geo library and a nearly complete Sega Saturn library. I joined this forum because of my recent interest in old laser games like dragons lair and space ace. I was somewhat surprised that the CDI versions are so good considering it was only a 16 bit machine. It just goes to show its where you put the bits, not necessarily how many you have. Go CDI... By the way, does anybody know the move sequence at the end of the dragons lair game in Singes lair? That info would be much appreciated. Current collection includes,, most US releases although I don't think that any are particularly rare... Axis & Allies, Mad Dog, Space Ace, Dragons Lair 1 and 2, Ceasars Boxing, Ceasars Gambling, Sargon Chess, Voyeur, Burn Cycle, Hall of Fame Football, Escape from Cyber City
Palm Springs Open, Video Speedway, A Great Day at the Races, Mutant Body Slam, Jeopardy, Jokers Wild, Power Hitter, Flashback, Lil Divil..

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:30 pm

Glad to see another CD-i fan join the forum :)

Was hoping to see some pictures of your collection (Small or not)

Care to share?

tlh

I would love to show pics, but....

Post by tlh » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:03 pm

I am still setting up for posting pics. As strange as it may be, I have been a neo geo forum member for years and still haven't set up to post pics. That said, I plan on getting a camera soon so that I can share my collections. Do you collect other games too? And by the way, I didn't post that my CDI game system is the first edition 220 with a video card that I bought new when it first came out. Some on the forum have suggested that the first title was Palm Springs Open, but the launch titles that were available at Good Guys in Sacramento, CA where I bought my stuff was International Tennis 1 and Video Speedway. Palm Springs didn't show up until several months later. Also, Video Speedway is in a long case whereas PSO is in a jewel case.. Anyway, I am motivated to send pics of my stuff and will be posting this week.. I will also throw in a few gems that I am proud of from my collection from Saturn and Neo if your intrested.. thanks for letting me be a part of your scene.. tlh

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:07 pm

I collect for most systems

FM Towns
X68000
Mega Drive
Master System
3DO
CD-I
Neo Geo

These are the main ones, however I have other systems and a small amount of games for them.

I'm also a member at the Neo Geo forums but not really posted much there.

I only have around 19 sealed games (Most Euro, some dog tags) the rarest game I have for it is Double Dragon - Not really collected for that system in a while.

tlh

I will post some 3d0 stuff that...

Post by tlh » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:23 pm

you might find interesting. One of the harder to get titles in the US was Sewer Shark. I have this title and about 25 or so more boxed titles for 3d0 ( some rare )that I will take some pics of. As far as Neo, I have about 80 AES and 100 or so boxed MVS full kits.. As well as a minty Neo 29 to play them on. I also have Neo stuff for sale if interested.. thanks..tlh

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Nice

If you can write me a list up of what you selling and what you want for the items shipped to the uk I'll take alook.

I'm not making promises I'll be able to afford it this month - Already bought 4x 360's (Don't ask) as stack of CD-i stuff, Xbox 1 not to mention other junk :-)

tlh

Post by tlh » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Ok, I plan on getting pics up of alot of my collection as well. And money is not an issue, as I am always willing to discuss trades. I have quite a few duplicates of both AES and MVS Neo for sale or trade, and I plan on posting some of that this week as well. Thanks,, for the replies...tlh