De Zaak Van Sam

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
tlh
Burn:Cycle Activated

De Zaak Van Sam

Post by tlh » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:54 pm

Does anyone know how to turn on the subtitles in De Zaak Van Sam on a CDI 220? thanks,, tlh

j_eits

Re: De Zaak Van Sam

Post by j_eits » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:23 pm

tlh wrote:Does anyone know how to turn on the subtitles in De Zaak Van Sam on a CDI 220? thanks,, tlh
When the game starts it says alternating: "De zaak van Sam in het Nederlands" and "Same Case with English subtitles". Press a button when "Same Case with English subtitles" is on the screen.

tlh

Post by tlh » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:45 am

Thank you for your reply. Here's the rub, I can't see the words on the bottom of the screen at start-up. I can only see the very top of the letters. Any idea how to reconfigure the screen? tlh

j_eits

Post by j_eits » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:43 am

tlh wrote:Thank you for your reply. Here's the rub, I can't see the words on the bottom of the screen at start-up. I can only see the very top of the letters. Any idea how to reconfigure the screen? tlh
I don't think that CD-i players have an option to reconfigure the screen. (At least I've never seen that.) It sounds more like a TV/monitor problem to me. Check out if you can change the position of the picture at your TV/monitor.

tlh

Post by tlh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:06 am

Nope, still having trouble. One issue is that my tv sets are all to modern. The gaming set is LCD and my crt tv doesn't even have a vertical control. What set are you playing your game on? This info could help.. tlh

j_eits

Post by j_eits » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:53 am

I've tested the game on my three players that are hooked up and I can see the subtitles on all of them (Sorry, I don't know the US-names of them):

CD-i 450 + TV-box + PC + software
CD-i 210 + crt
CD-i 470 (as part of the Videotronic CD-i M 360 POS)

While testing I've noticed, that the CD-i 210 has a 16:9 picture option (options -> general), which the other players don't have. Maybe you can try to switch that one on/off?

tlh

Post by tlh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:50 am

I have that feature on my CDI, but switching it on or off doesn't seem to fix the problem. The picture on my screen is too low for some reason. Thanks.. tlh