Pics of my collection

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
tlh
Burn:Cycle Activated

Pics of my collection

Post by tlh » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:52 pm

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Nice selection of games you have there and nicely laid out (except for the one at the bottom (with the flash reflection on the jewal case)..

You have a few games I would really like... Creature Shock being one of them..

Do you have any other cd-i stuff for example demos/magazines/hardware and accessories :)

tlh

Post by tlh » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:25 am

Hmm, yes I do. I have peacekeeper guns and other controllers. In addition, I have two or three digital video carts. I do not have any magazines for CDI. Did you notice that Last Resort is missing from my collection? We need to make a deal for your copy. Let me know of something that you might wanna trade for your Last Resort. That said, I have been looking on ebay and the like for Last Resort because I sure understand you not wanting to trade your only copy. The cart that is flashed out is The Apprentice. No big deal. I also have arranged to pick up Drug Wars. What is not in the pics is Marco Polo, Golden Oldies 1 and Namco Arcade Classics because I just got them in. By the way, did you look at my experiment with one of my Neo 29 arcades. Check the post for a few pics. Also, I have been working with the gun games on the Arcade to get the display calibration just right. Best of luck..tlh

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:36 pm

I take it you you mean The Lost Ride :)

I've pm'd you about that just now, sorry I forgot to reply :oops:

Your doing some nice work hooking the CD-i up to that cab, I share your passion with the fmv games.

Would like to see if you can get the guns calibrated... btw, would you be using standard cd-i peacekeeper revolver or who you be hooking up some other hardware?

tlh

Post by tlh » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:27 am

KingArthur, check for pm from me.. Yes, the peacekeeper (pal) version works really well with this setup. As far as calibration, I wish I knew a little code because the gun calibration in Mad Dog is terrible. I wish the program had a more accurate way to sight in the gun. That said, making this thing work with individual games is a trick. Each output from the CDI is looking for proprietary voltages, and not just on or off. Still fussin with this thing to hopefully perfect the controls. tlh

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:12 am

VERY nice collection! I love the American boxes, I own mostly the European versions of the games.
Some games that you still appear to be missing and that are very good (imho) are the Last bounty hunter and Braindead 13.

btw. I don't believe that there is any difference between the US and european version of the Peacekeeper gun. Both are made in the US and should work on all cdi players and television sets.
The gun doesn't do anything with the TV image (even with the TV off, you can still move the cursor with the gun).

Also I find that the Mad Dog games are much better playable with a CDI mouse. (the Gun is a nice gadget, but the games are a lot easier with the mouse)

PS. forgive the spamming (I'm just trying to be helpful), but if you are still looking for Atlantis the Last resort or Creature Shock, I have both for sale on eBay right now: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/ttempje

tlh

Post by tlh » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:41 am

Thanks Tempest, No problem spam in anytime. I think that you are right about the gun, but my peacekeeper box does say pal on it. I have braindead 13 on 3DO, but would like to find it for CDI. I also have the games that you mentioned, but need Lost Ride. Do you have a copy that you would sell? thanks,,tlh

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:46 am

I believe that in the US only the Mad Dog 1+ Peacekeeper gun Box set was sold (please correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe there are PAL and NTSC versions of the Mad Dog game?

Could you make a picture of the box that says "PAL version"?
I just checked my boxes of the EU versions of the Gamegun (the stand-alone and the Mad Dog box set, I have both), and I can't find any reference of a "PAL version" on them. So either you have a different version of the Box or I just overlooked the text.

Braindead 13 for the CDi looks a lot nicer compared to 3DO in my opinion (Or jaguarCD version for that matter). I believe I have the Lost Ride for sale, but I need to check the state of the disc (I believe it has some scratches on the disc, I only sell good quality discs on eBay).

tlh

Post by tlh » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:05 pm

I would be interested in buying Lost Ride from you with scratches if it still plays well and has the box and instructions..thanks..tlh