Page 1 of 1

Successful battery replacement on a 450 :)

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:07 pm
by CD-i 450
Yes another thread by me! well I just discovered the cd-i so you guys will have to excuse me for spamming the forum , I just wanted to show off my successfull battery replacement on a cd-i 450 , I spent some 6 hours on this bastard! :)


Theres no way of doing this in a gentle way and I can say that the Time keeper IC can take a punch in the nuts and still survive so its not as fragile as you might think.

This very simple tutorial is great , I highly recommend all unemployed cd-i owners with alot of time to try it;) ... epair.html

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:56 pm
by Devin
Nice work!

I've taken apart a player only once couldn't fix the problem. Put it back together and voila it worked! It's since broken down again however :?

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:28 am
by Karoshiga
I just successfully did the same on my 450 this afternoon, although my job looks more sloppy :lol:

Sorry, I didn't take any pics, but I am going to attempt the same on my 220 in the near future so maybe I will have some then.

I can only say that I am no pro at modding, just intermediate, but I actually did this in a rush and it works great.

One thing I didn't do, however, was cut the casing all around the original battery and remove it. I just exposed the contacts at the end of the chip and disconnected the positive.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the info. Nice to be able to finally save games.

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:01 pm
by Karoshiga
Success on my 220/37 as well. At first I was thrown off because my time keeper chip said M48T08B-15 instead of M48T08 150 (and also didn't say "Lithium Battery" on the chip), but after seeing the pics at this page ... keeper_fix I felt brave enough to try it.

Same procedure and works great. Still no pics because my wife was away with the camera. But yes, this method is a great solution.

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:48 pm
by Karoshiga
And, just finished a successful mod on my 910/17P. It was a lot tighter job as the chip was right next to the power supply connector and casing, but I still did it without removing the board. 3 in one week. This mod is easier than it seems, I didn't spend more than 1 hour on each. Mostly a ball shaped dremmel type tool on an electric drill, then just minor scraping and soldering.

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:18 am
by CD-inexperience
Alright, you fixed a 910! I might need your services one day.