anyone else notice this?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Frustrated
Burn:Cycle Activated

anyone else notice this?

Post by Frustrated » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:09 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/CDI-CD-I-Philips-cd ... 53de446c66

wow, never heard of or seen this before in my life.
probably only army issue?
too bad its over. that would have made a great addition to someones collection here.

T.A.P.

Post by T.A.P. » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:39 am

That would be awesome to own. Too bad I didn't notice it earlier. :(

CD-i 450

Post by CD-i 450 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:20 am

It looks like nobody bought it?
Starting bid: US $65.00
or
Price: US $105.00
Bid history: 0 bids
I'm pasting the cover here cause ebay is probably going to delete it sooner or later

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/213/bradleycdi.jpg

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:01 am

It looks nice, but I'm sceptic as long as I don't see any CD-i logo or mentioning of CD-i on the title. It could be a CDROM (it wouldn't be the first time ).

With such a high price, the seller should tell more about the disc and post more pictures (before I would buy it)

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:19 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if it were CD-i.

Back then it was a cheap and effective method to get this training software in the right hands. This was before the days of cheap laptops using powerpoint and projectors, which still to this day offers little in the way of interaction for training! interactive is still king, long live Philips CD-i! :D

Frustrated

Post by Frustrated » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:07 pm

im thinking about contacting the seller and telling him if he can provide more info, and prove its CD-I format, i might buy it.

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:50 am

So did you manage to contact him and get any information?

Frustrated

Post by Frustrated » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:07 am

sorry, i completely forgot. ill do it tonight.

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:09 am

I asked the seller if this was an interactive CD-i title or a VCD when the listing was still active, he said 'it is an actual cd-i and includes a multiple choice test and video segments.' Didn't bid on it because I didn't know whether the MC test was video-based (where they ask the question and then highlight the answer after a few seconds) or if it was actually interactive...

Frustrated

Post by Frustrated » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:21 pm

Jimmy wrote:I asked the seller if this was an interactive CD-i title or a VCD when the listing was still active, he said 'it is an actual cd-i and includes a multiple choice test and video segments.' Didn't bid on it because I didn't know whether the MC test was video-based (where they ask the question and then highlight the answer after a few seconds) or if it was actually interactive...
i would guess it was interactive. kinda defeats the point of making it cd-i without an interactivity.

Frustrated

Post by Frustrated » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:41 pm

here was the response. i think he already got rid of it... what a shame, it was a very unique item.

Hello:
I'm afraid it was a one shot thing. It is a cd-i format with interactive point and click along with multiple choice quiz etc. and video snippits.it is for tank training/operation. the thing is..I had to stop the auction as I am afraid it may step the line ..into militry secrets etc..Just to be safe I can no longer sell it. Have to destroy it. Too bad..it is a interesting "what is/was possible" with the cd-i format.

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:03 am

Frustrated wrote:here was the response. i think he already got rid of it... what a shame, it was a very unique item.
Yes, but that doesn't make it any more unique than the loads of other professional titles that are out there. You're going to be running up quite a large bill if you're going to purchase them all at USD 100+

Frustrated

Post by Frustrated » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:00 am

Erronous wrote:
Frustrated wrote:here was the response. i think he already got rid of it... what a shame, it was a very unique item.
Yes, but that doesn't make it any more unique than the loads of other professional titles that are out there. You're going to be running up quite a large bill if you're going to purchase them all at USD 100+
well, this one was only 65, and i personnaly found it more intresting then alot of the others.

besides, good luck even FINDING all of those!

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:18 am

How about a LEGO Mindstorms CD-i then? :)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:30 am

Erronous wrote:How about a LEGO Mindstorms CD-i then? :)
As long as you can't run that disc, maybe the new CD-i Emulator is able to extract some more info out of that Lego prototype, Erronous!