Zelda's Adventure News Group Information

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Zelda's Adventure News Group Information

Post by Devin » Mon May 31, 2010 7:38 pm

Just trolled through some old News Groups and found information on Zelda's Adventure as follows dated April 13th - 20th 1995...
You're in luck. I just happen to have worked for the company that created "Zelda's Adventure" for Philips. The game was supposed to have been released in November '93, but Nintendo screwed around for a long period of time before they finally signed off (Zelda is a Nintendo creation).

As far as I know, the game hasn't hit the shelves yet, but should within a couple of weeks. All the bugs are taken care of and they simply had to add a Trademark symbol after "Zelda" in the title. As far as the game goes... It's OK. No great shakes. One interesting thing about the game is that no 3-D rendered creatures or locations were used. Everything was actually modeled, using clay, rubber, cardboard, and the like. So the game has a real organic look to it. Pretty good sound, too.

I haven't yet seen much of the game, as I didn't work on it (but for those of you with CD-ROMs for your PC, you can now purchase "ECO East Africa" for which I DID create graphics), but the word from the folks at the company is that it's strictly okay. Ask for a demo before you think of shelling out the cash for it. I no longer work for the company so I have no reason to help them make money.

-Uzer
With a reply from Jim Belcher from Philips Media Games...
Zelda's Adventure will not be out in a "couple of weeks." Nor is the delay in it's release solely attributed to Nintendo "screwing around." Sorry, but I had to set the record straight.
Interesting details I thought! :D