7th Guest disc colors

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Seb
Softech Recruit

7th Guest disc colors

Post by Seb » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you know anything about this. It might have even been discussed before, if that's the case, sorry.

I'm organizing my collection a bit and want to get rid of my doubles. I've noticed that some CD-i titles have slight variations in boxes or the CD print itself. Like sometimes the Philips shield is on the left and sometimes on the right.

However, I'm mostly interested in the alteration I see with 'The 7th Guest'. What colors are the CD's printed top supposed to be? If I'm correct it's supposed to be purple for the game disc and blue for the soundtrack. However, I also have a couple of copies where the game disc is also blue. Were their multiple releases, or are these misprints or something? It got me curious.

Here are some pictures to show the difference:
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:13 pm

That is curious, thanks for bringing this up!

No idea why the colour difference, maybe simply run out of purples! :D

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:44 am

Nice detail, yes! The 7th Guest did have different versions, but in my version both discs still have a different color (blue and purple). Is it a mistake, or a choice?
. I've noticed that some CD-i titles have slight variations in boxes or the CD print itself. Like sometimes the Philips shield is on the left and sometimes on the right.
I'm also interested to know what other alterations you found :)

Seb
Softech Recruit

Post by Seb » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Thanks guys, very interesting. I've actually got three copies with a blue game disc. Didn't know about the re-release either, thanks for bringing that up Bas.

I've put most away again, but I'll see if I can get my doubles out again to take some more pictures of some other variations I have found. Most were just regional differences I believe though, but that Philips shield might be a curious one. Not to sure on what disc that was actually, I believe on one of the demo's.
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!