Greetings one and all! VERY happy to have found this forum!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Mcampellone
Burn:Cycle Activated

Greetings one and all! VERY happy to have found this forum!

Post by Mcampellone » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:17 pm

Hello everyone!

I love this forum, and I have been reading many of the posts and comments thus far with great interest!

I love my CD-i, and I have been collecting for many years. I own two 220 plus DV players, a 450, a 370 portable, as well as a Goldstar 1100M. I love them all. I have quite an extensive collection of discs, and I routinely burn copies to play from rather than use the originals, especially with my more rare games.

I am 45, 100% Italian however I am the only one in my family actually born in the states, the rest are all from Italy. I have collected many different gaming systems over the years, and I currently still have ALL Sony systems, from PS1 through PS3, however I come back to the CD-i time and time again as one of my all-time most favorites. I think gaming should be relaxing as well as fun, and CD-i affords that in spades.

At any rate, I am very pleased to be here and I look forward to much interesting banter between us regarding the CD-i!

Regards,

Mike
Life is an adventure - let's make it happen together!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Welcome Mike!
It's a rare place, but so is CD-i :)

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:07 pm

Welcome Mike, this website and Bas' ''Interactive Dreams'' are the ONLY sites you will ever need to go on for all things cd-i. Fantastic stuff. We are all true cd-i fans on here :D

Gazza

Post by Gazza » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:09 pm

@ Mcampellone,

Yeah I'm also kinda glad I found this forum.
Just that it looks like we may have caught it at an incredibly quiet period?

I mean sure it's reasonable that you won't get many people following any type of news or goings-on for a system such as the CD-i. And sure maybe it was more active when there was fresh news of stuff like emulation, homebrew, interviews and such. But still, you would expect at least a few members here logging in every now and again and engaging in at least some forum activity.
Nope, not from what I've seen. This place is dead quiet. :(

There are other forums which also suffer from slow activity (for example the 3DO ZERO Forums) but at least there are a few regulars over there that keep things ticking along. That doesn't (at this particular time, anyway) seem to be the case here.
Pity.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Yeah, its too bad this forum doesn't seem to have consistent members like we do over at 3DO Zero. :( Lets hope 2011 brings some excitement to the CD-i sector. All it would take is a new game or 2 to get some some activity going. :)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:50 pm

That's the reason I'll keep ticking Interactive Dreams along, to give CD-i a little more attention it deserves. I'm here pretty regular by the way, but me is not good enough to keep things rolling here :D

In 2010, it was pretty disappointing that even the much awaited CD-i Emulator update didn't even bring some attention with it.

CD-i is pretty much over, had it not been for the intervention of websites like this CD-i forum and Interactive Dreams.

I love to see some others who care about CD-i though :)

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:24 am

I think there are a lot of us cd-i fans out there...Check out wikipedia - cd-i is described as having ''a cult following''. Every time I come here there are always new topics for discussion, and people wanting to exchange or buy. Charles Doty was working on a new cd-i game but I've not heard from him in quite a while. I would SO MUCH love a new game for 2011. In my opinion, no other console past or present compares to the charm and uniqueness (if that is a word!!) of cd-i. How many other gaming machines had games produced for it all over the world? We have exclusive releases from Sweden, Holland, U.S.A., Japan, France, Germany and UK. And the games play on all cd-i's worldwide without any need for modification. Blackmoon and Interactive Dreams are THE cd-i websites, and long may they continue. I've been into cd-i for nearly 17 years now, and these websites keep cd-i alive. Best wishes to everyone for 2011. Alan

PeteD

Post by PeteD » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:04 am

I might have a surprise on the game front for 2011 :)

Writing a new CD-i game has been on my "todo" list for a loooooong time and I've got a few ideas for what I'd like to do.

Pete

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 pm

Pete, that would be just amazing! :D

Please make 2011 THE year for cd-i.

All the best,

Alan

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:20 am

Wishing you the best Pete. I'm excited now! :)

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Wed May 25, 2011 7:30 am

A new CD-i game, even a simple breakout-clone or a cross-word title, would be incredibly exciting. Another small but highly important step to getting CD-i some respect in the retro-gaming community.

proxy10

Post by proxy10 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:35 am

woo,cheers