What are some decent games for the CD-i?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:19 am

Atlantis really interests me. I love a good Wolfenstein clone. Hell, I love a half-assed Wolfenstein clone. From the few screenshots I've seen and what I think is a short YouTube clip, that's at least what it looks like. I'd really like to find a copy of this and try it out for myself.

/rant
It looks like a bunch of games I am looking for appeared on eBay today.. Unfortunately, I still haven't received my CD-i. It's been three weeks now. No response from the seller in at least a week (he first gave me a sob story which I gave him the benefit of the doubt on, said it was going to ship last weekend, haven't heard from him since). Tried opening an eBay case and despite it being three weeks they say I have to wait another ten days. Nice.
/end rant

:?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:36 am

That's a pity Austin, I hope you will receive it soon!
I'd definitely try to get Creature Shock, which was my favourite experience on CD-i.

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:20 am

Does Creature Shock use the DVC? I have tried it on other platforms (3DO and Saturn to be specific) and thought it was interesting, but I admit I got fairly lost in the first FMV/adventure area and never made it very far at all! :shock: :)

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Creature Shock needs the DVC (link)

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 pm

If you have the 3DO & Sat versions of Creature Shock I say don't bother w/the CD-i version. I think CS is a poor game on any platform, but if the CD-i port is incomplete what point is there outside of trying to get a full collection?

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:21 pm

I don't have them (I have just played them in the past), but I see what you are saying.. On the other hand though, I am assuming that the video quality is much better in the CD-i version thanks to the DVC. I also didn't care for the first space shooter segment in the other versions (I mean, it was okay, but I could do without it), so.. I don't know. If it pops up mega-cheap, maybe I'll give it a go just for the sake of being able to say I've played most of the versions of Creature Shock that are available.

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:18 am

Yay.. I received a refund from eBay on my 550 that never arrived... :?

Well, at least I have some nice games that I picked up through that whole ordeal. At least I'd like to think they are nice, as you guys recommended most of them. ;) --Litl' Devil, 7th Guest, Lucky Luke, Steel Machine, Alien Gate, Inca, Kether, Tetris, Lemmings, Escape From Cyber City, Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, Dimo's Quest, and a few other misc titles. I also worked up a trade with someone here and will eventually be receiving Golden Oldies Volume I, Mutant Rampage Bodyslam, Mega Maze and Who Shot Johnny Rock?

So.. yeeaaahhh..

I have a nice stack I can just stare at for now.

Protoman85
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Protoman85 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:48 am

Christmas Country! Best game on CD-i, no question.

tinkercdi
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by tinkercdi » Thu May 19, 2011 6:01 pm

both chaos control and if you are lucky solar crusade are good rail shooters
i recently bought solar crusade off ebay excellent game , i quite enjoy the quiz shows as well,
"like tennis!"

proxy10

Post by proxy10 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:41 am

hah,yep,cheers