Value of portable CD-I 350

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Wandering
Burn:Cycle Activated

Value of portable CD-I 350

Post by Wandering » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi all!

Since I'm new to the CD-I scene and my first player already gives me a problem, I wanted to ask some help.

I already bought some games for CD-I since I'm a retrogame collector. I've had the opportunity to receive a portable CD-I player, type 350.

This item was delivered by mail, but it broke on the way (LCD screen broken and it doesn't recognizes discs anymore). I had it mailed by Secur mail, so now I'm applying for a refund.

My question: what is a philips CD-i 350 worth nowadays?

My second question, is a Digital Video Cartridge necessary for all games or only some?

Thanks in advance!

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Not sure on the value, but I'm guessing like most portable players it fetches a healthy price.

As for the Digital Video Cart, it is not needed for all games. However since such a large number of titles do require it, its worth picking up.

Wandering
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Wandering » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:04 pm

Thx for the reply.

What would you consider 'a healthy price'? I don't seem to find any on ebay listings or other auction websites.