Newbie CDi owner

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
prabmire
Burn:Cycle Activated

Newbie CDi owner

Post by prabmire » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Hey all,

I just joined having snagged a boxed 220 for a shade under £30 delivered in pretty much mint condition, the Drive tray sometimes sticks but it plays through fine, it came with Top gun the CDi movie but no games! i plan on getting a few games for it, but i need to purchase a controller, i've emailed the guy who used to make the PC to CDi adapter to see if he will start making them again.

My main reason for getting the CDi is that i've recently started recollecting systems from my youth and the CDi was something that i never had, i have to say my favourite system from the Era is definitely the 3do i love mine!, if anyone on here has some CDi stuff they wan't to sell PM me

Prab

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:35 pm

That sounds like a really good buy at £30 for a boxed 220.

I have a spare controller I might be tempted to sell for the right price ;-) or trade for something from another platform?

The one I have is:

Image is taken from the internet (Mines got the stick that screws in it).

prabmire
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by prabmire » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:37 pm

It was mint, well mint looking, had to perform a fix on it today, the bit that spins the cds had seized so did the raising trick, need to replace the timekeeper at some point but not too fussed about that at the moment, plays vcd's perfectly, and i love the fact its still got the protective film on the LCD display :), i may buy that controller off you if i don't get one off ebay soon

Prab