Cursor moves really slow!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
bacteria
Burn:Cycle Activated

Cursor moves really slow!

Post by bacteria » Thu May 19, 2011 7:46 am

Is it a standard "feature" of the CD-i that the cursor moves so painfully slowly around the screen that games are unplayable that need the mouse? Seems to take about 20 seconds to go from one side of the screen to the other! Nuts! I have a CDi450/5, PAL.
Image Image

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Thu May 19, 2011 2:29 pm

Might not be the system but the controller.

I'm no expert on CD-i (far from it) so I don't know the actual name, but the controller I use (the one with the silly fake screw-in "joystick" on the d-pad) has a switch that changes the cursor speed (it also has one for using the controller upside down. I only just realised that yesterday. Now I finally know why the "." button appears twice).

opt_fr_
Softech Recruit

Post by opt_fr_ » Thu May 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Are you using a cdi-mote ? In this case it should be faster (1-2 sec max to reach the end of the screen)

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Thu May 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Just the standard:

Only had two games of interest, Backgammon and Mario Hotel, Mario Hotel fortunately doesn't use the mouse cursor so no issue on that front.

Would be interesting to know though why the setup as below makes the cursor move so painfully slowly?
Image Image

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Mon May 23, 2011 12:38 am

Think I found the problem the other day - the ground on the controller didn't connect to the ground on the console; when it did, the cursor moved quickly; also, Mario Hotel worked fine - ie "up" to open a door, "down" to exit door - rather than "up + down" to open door. Must have been a faulty cable connection!
Image Image

proxy10

Post by proxy10 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:55 am

ah,good job,it is a normal problems in connection.