Buy any new CD-i titles lately?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Buy any new CD-i titles lately?

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:30 pm

I just got 2 that I've wanted for a while ...

Antistatic & MicroMachines.

I mainly wanted Antistatic since I like the 3DO title Digital Dreamware, and they are very similar (made buy the same team)

Micro Machines will give me another opportunity for some rare 2 player CD-i action (thankfully my wife loves video games)

These are my first CD-i buys of 2011. How bout everyone else?

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:52 pm

I had a bid on Dark Castle the other day.. until someone outbid me (it was going cheap, $2 or so before shipping).. I still don't have a system though.
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:00 am

Things were never able to pan out w/the one you were supposed to get a few months back ...? Gosh, that really sucks. :(

Well, your bidding on games, so I guess that means your planning on getting one soon. Hope it works out for you.

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:20 am

My last few purchases have been "Arcade Classics" (because I love Namco) which hasn't come in the mail yet, "CDi Online Issue 1" (a bit disappointing, though I still got some retro enjoyment from it) and "Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia" (no comment).

I like "Antistatic". A Very...interesting release.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:08 am

Gaara wrote:My last few purchases have been "Arcade Classics" (because I love Namco) which hasn't come in the mail yet, "CDi Online Issue 1" (a bit disappointing, though I still got some retro enjoyment from it) and "Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia" (no comment).

I like "Antistatic". A Very...interesting release.
Arcade Classics is one I want too.

Antistatic is indeed "interesting". Hex put out two other CD-i titles from what I understand, and I assume they are all quite similar but I've yet to play them all.

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:10 am

Another Hex title, "eScape" (or something like that) has been on my to-buy list for a while (then again, so is "Time-Life Photography", so I'm not exactly picky though my collection is still fairly small).

Kempyt
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Kempyt » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:35 am

Just picked up whack a bubble as it's one of only a few games I am yet to own, havent played it yet, Im on the look for Christmas country and kingdom 2! Pm me if able to help.

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 am

Trev wrote:Things were never able to pan out w/the one you were supposed to get a few months back ...? Gosh, that really sucks. :(

Well, your bidding on games, so I guess that means your planning on getting one soon. Hope it works out for you.
Nope, it didn't pan out asides from me getting my money back a month later. 20+ games, and nothing to do with them... well, that is, until now! Just today I sent a fellow AtariAger a payment for a nice, CIB 450 model. Unfortunately it doesn't have the DVC, which I will have to track down later, but everything else looks great. At least I will be able to play the majority of the games I have.. after I get a proper controller, that is! :)
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Good for you!

I know it pained me back when my player was busted to see all the games I had and not being able to play them.

Good news it that even w/out a DVC & proper pad you can still have fun w/it. (heck, I still need a real controller)

Have fun! :)

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:37 am

Thanks, Trev! Fortunately I do have a few point 'n click titles, so I will be able to make-do with them via the stock controller on the 450. I wish it game with an actual gamepad, but I digress.. Here's to hoping one pops up on evilBay soon so I can play those action titles appropriately! :)

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Why do you call it Evilbay? :?

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:48 am

Alan_Eng wrote:Why do you call it Evilbay? :?
Quite honestly Alan, there are a lot of reasons... They have jacked up their fees to where it's not always beneficial to sell there; they have restructured their rules/regulations where nearly any buyer can get a refund for whatever reason (this is TERRIBLE for sellers, especially honest ones); these are just to name a few...

Keep in mind I've been using the service since the mid/late '90s and have seen the changes (you may have, too, but if I recall correctly, other auction services were more popular overseas). That's also not to say I still don't use the service. On the contrary, I use it a LOT.. But a lot more than I would like, since I know the implications involved, on a variety of levels...

Interite
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Interite » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:20 pm

Just bought Arcade Classic yesterday, been wanting to buy it for ages now. Now finally got it. So happy to have it finally!
Last edited by Interite on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:40 am

Interite, hope you really enjoy "Arcade Classics".

"Galaga" port on it isn't so hot, but "Ms Pac-Man" translates well, and really, the novelty of playing it on CD-i is more than enough to make it worth playing. The version of "Galaxian" is pretty good as well.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:01 am

2 player Ms. Pacman. :)