Buy any new CD-i titles lately?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
proxy10

Post by proxy10 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:23 am

no.......

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Really? I thought you had had just bought "proxy10's adventures in Spam land".

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:26 pm

I bought "Time Life Photography" and "Golden Oldies Jukebox" on eBay a couple days ago. Both sound very interesting. I also wanted to get "Alien Gate" but I didn't quite have enough money to get all 3. As usual, I couldn't find a copy of "Managing Your Boss" or "Money At Work" for sale...

My main concern is that, lately, everything I buy online (not just from eBay) takes about 3 times longer (or more) to come than it should...

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:29 am

I haven't been looking recently, but about a month ago I received a package in the mail with several titles, including Voyeur, Mystic Midway: Rest in Pieces, Mystic Midway: Phantom Express, Escape From Cyber City, and more (nothing too notable). Still on the lookout for a DVC compatible with my unit, personally, so I haven't been watching for other CD-i titles much.
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:09 am

I picked up a small lot recently. Nothing too super ... some duplicates, a few vcds, some crap (Connect Four :lol: )

For games, the highlights were Mad Dog McCree (looks a heck of a lot better than the 3DO port, though hard to compare w/out a Peacekeeper) and Great Day at the Races. I guess the latter isn't really a highlight ... but it was a title I didn't own, and hey, it has Mickey Rooney in it. 8)
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:47 am

Trev wrote:some crap (Connect Four :lol: )
I really hope to get a copy of "Connect Four" soon and I have no idea why. Maybe it's something I ate? There are plenty of far better things I could buy.

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:41 pm

I just won "Caesars World of Boxing" on eBay. Went for a whopping £1.99 (or $3.11 in Australian money. For comparison, a can of Coca-Cola or Pepsi costs $AU2....)

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:43 am

I bought some titles from someone on the "CD-i Marketplace Sell/Trade/Buy".

A few posts earlier I mentioned "Golden Oldies Jukebox". It came a couple days ago in the mail. Really enjoyable...anyone else think it is sorta like that "Pop Up Video" show that aired on VH1 some years later?

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:14 pm

Gaara wrote: A few posts earlier I mentioned "Golden Oldies Jukebox". It came a couple days ago in the mail. Really enjoyable...anyone else think it is sorta like that "Pop Up Video" show that aired on VH1 some years later?
Yeah, that was one of the first things I thought when checking out the different Jukebox titles. Oldies is good. My favorite is the Classical one.
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:39 am

On eBay I have recently bought "Tetsuo Gaiden" and "Surf City".