Looking into buying hardware any advice?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
phatrat1982
Softech Recruit

Looking into buying hardware any advice?

Post by phatrat1982 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:27 am

I specifically am interested mainly in the motion picture aspect of the player so what I would need is one that works the most like a normal VCR/DVD/LD player in terms of putting in a disc and getting around in the menus and such. So I do have a couple of questions for anyone with knowledge.

First what are the audio specs of the system and what are the best audio outputs you can get for one, like RCA, Optical, coaxial, etc?

Second what are the video specs of the system and what exact formats is it capable of playing? Like I know it can play standard Video CD discs and a proprietary digital video format disc but I don't know what are the specs of those different disc types, such as frame rate, resolution, bitrate, aspect ratio and the like.

Third, what are the best video cables you can get for a system like Composite, Component, S-Video, DVI, VGA?

Last what is the best system to purchase if you are primarily interested in watching movies on it and maybe checking out a few games along the way.