ok so cd-i

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
phatrat1982
Softech Recruit

ok so cd-i

Post by phatrat1982 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:32 pm

It can play video games, edutainment software, Video CD, Photo CD, Karaoke CD, and Audio CD correct? What about MP3 can it decode MP3 at all with or without an upgrade, add on, or expansion? Also are there any CD formats I am missing that it can or can't play?

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:07 pm

It can play CD-bridge discs, although I've never played one on it! It cannot play any MP3 discs.

phatrat1982
Softech Recruit

Post by phatrat1982 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:03 am

and what are Cd bridge discs?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:56 am

phatrat1982 wrote:and what are Cd bridge discs?
A CD-Bridge Disc (sometimes just called a bridge disc) is a compact disc (CD) format that includes extra information on a CD-ROM XA (extended architecture) track, so that the disc can be played on either a CD-i (interactive) player attached to a television, or a CD-ROM XA drive attached to a computer. A bridge disc with appropriate application software may also play on other XA-compatible devices, such as a Photo CD or Karaoke CD player. Video CD (VCD), Photo CD, and Karaoke CD are three bridge disc formats.

CD-Bridge Disc specifications are built on those from the Yellow Book extension, which defined CD-ROM XA, and the Green Book, which defined CD-i, and must conform to the complete requirements of both formats. The complete CD-Bridge Disc definition is described in the White Book, which was released by Sony, Philips, Matsushita, and JVC in 1993.