Pac-Panic

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Pac-Panic

Post by Austin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:45 am

I just did a search for this game and didn't see a dedicated thread to it. So, here we go..

Since I acquired my CD-i, I have been trying a lot of different games, stuff I have never tried before. A lot are, well.. Let's just not speak of those, haha. After trying the mixed-bag that is the Namco arcade collection, I didn't have my hopes high for another Namco-licensed game, Pac-Panic.

Well, it turns out I have been pleasantly surprised! It's a fun puzzle game in its own right, sort of like a mix between Tetris, Lumines and Pac-Man. It has some colorful visuals, a catchy backing tune, and it actually runs pretty smooth by CD-i standards. Has anyone else tried it? If not, I definitely recommend giving it a go!
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:10 pm

Yes great game Austin, really good in 2 player mode too.

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:04 am

One of the best on the system...love the overall "1990s" feel to it. Very retro and cool.

Kempyt
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Kempyt » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:55 am

Agreed, excellent game and very addictive!
Top 3 games - 7th Guest, Dimo’s Quest, Pinball