CD-i vcd's not on dvd

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Trev
Sum Zero Barman

CD-i vcd's not on dvd

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:25 am

Are there any vcd titles that have yet to appear on DVD? Also, are there any w/any extras? For example, one of my James Bond vcd's has an informational booklet similar to the ones that the dvd releases got years later.
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:54 am

Though not published by Philips, The 1997 short film* "Ghosts" (starring Michael Jackson) comes to mind. Kinda shocked it isn't on DVD, except in heavily edited "music video" form.

*38 minutes.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Re: CD-i vcd's not on dvd

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:16 am

Trev wrote:Are there any vcd titles that have yet to appear on DVD? Also, are there any w/any extras? For example, one of my James Bond vcd's has an informational booklet similar to the ones that the dvd releases got years later.
The Star Trek ones (at least the 3 I own at present) seem to have info booklets just like the Bond movies. Any others?
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi Trev, ''Electric Dreams'' is an exclusive videocd release. A great early 1980's film, when computers were just coming into their own!