Wand of Gamelon soundtrack

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Seb
Softech Recruit

Wand of Gamelon soundtrack

Post by Seb » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Had some time to sit down and finally rip and name all the tracks appropriately. It was quite some work, as the game has about 73 tracks, but some of them were doubles. However, some were just slight variations as well, so it took some time to find out which were variation and which were actually copies. So I also ended up playing through the game again to have a listen to what music played where exactly and give the tracks somewhat appropriate names.

Anyway, I ended up with 63 different tracks, but if we take all the variations out of the equations there were about 26 mostly different tracks. I made a little demo reel on YouTube so people could get an idea on what to expect of these excellent musical pieces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lez7EtINP8

Click here to download the abridged soundtrack (27.92 MB)
Click here to download the complete soundtrack (63.55 MB)

Thanks goes to Mat Howlett for hosting these files :)
Last edited by Seb on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!

opt_fr_
Softech Recruit

Post by opt_fr_ » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:32 am

Great work Seb, thanks !

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Re: Wand of Gamelon soundtrack

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:05 am

Seb wrote:So I also ended up playing through the game again to have a listen to what music played where exactly and give the tracks somewhat appropriate names.
Do you have a working player again?
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

Seb
Softech Recruit

Re: Wand of Gamelon soundtrack

Post by Seb » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Trev wrote: Do you have a working player again?
Yes, I managed to find two working 470 models. At least, they're working for now :)

I'm also looking into replacing the chip of some of my other units. Not sure if that's going to work, but would be nice to get some of my dead units up and running again as well.

For now though, I have two fully functioning systems, so I should be good for a while :D

Seb
Softech Recruit

Post by Seb » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:44 pm

I got a kind offer from my friend Mat Howlett to host these big files on his server. So no more annoying Mega Upload links :) I will put up my previous rips as well. The full list with download links can be found on the index page of the subdomain: http://seb.mathowlett.com

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Congrats on getting a working CD-i again. :) Does this mean more crap digging investigations to look forward to? :wink:

Seb
Softech Recruit

Post by Seb » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:38 am

It does mean more CD-i video's again, yes. If I'll keep the old format, I'm not sure about yet. I'm thinking of dropping the name and just make something generic for retro reviews in general.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:04 am

Seb wrote:It does mean more CD-i video's again, yes. If I'll keep the old format, I'm not sure about yet. I'm thinking of dropping the name and just make something generic for retro reviews in general.
For what its worth, the old name has really grown on me. I vote for sticking w/it a bit longer. 8)

I also vote for a Secret Mission review. :D