Does This Game Exist??? - NFL Instant Replay

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
LouLee7th
Burn:Cycle Activated

Does This Game Exist??? - NFL Instant Replay

Post by LouLee7th » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi all! Can anyone confirm FOR SURE if NFL Instant Replay was released for the CD-I, either in North America or Europe? I don't mean NFL Trivia Challenge, there was a specific game, NFL Instant Replay that's listed in Digital Press, Gamefaq, and a few other sites, but I have yet to see it.

Any idea? I sent Devin an e-mail, I figured if anyone would know, it would be him...

Thanks! Have a great day everyone!

Lou

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Hello LouLee7th,
Devin is on a long holiday so I won't expect an answer from him soon :)

But I can confirm to you that NFL Instant Replay is an existing CD-i title. In 1995 CapDisc released a three-CD-pack of the NFL games: NFL Hall of Fame (the football sim game by Philips POV), NFL Trivia Challenge (base case trivia game) and NFL 100 Greatest Touchdowns (a videoCD with 100 famous touchdowns). Those were the only NFL titles that were released in Europe.

In the US, CapDisc released in 1994 NFL Trivia Challenge. In 1995, they made a follow up: NFL Instant Replay. It's a trivia game with digital video fragments of famous games. It didn't come out in Europe. The downside of the game is that it doesn't remember which question it has asked you, so with a database of 300 questions, you'll be annoyed pretty soon.

LouLee7th
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by LouLee7th » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:34 am

Thanks! I wish someone had a picture of it or box art, I'm so damn curious, I think it's the last North American "game" title I need to complete my set...

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:00 am

LouLee7th wrote:Thanks! I wish someone had a picture of it or box art, I'm so damn curious, I think it's the last North American "game" title I need to complete my set...
All you need to do is type it in a search bar like Yahoo and click the image tab.
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"