Length of Mutant Rampage Bodyslam?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Length of Mutant Rampage Bodyslam?

Post by Austin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:26 am

I got around to playing a little Mutant Rampage last week and managed to clear the first three selectable levels (i.e., clearing the first three boss/villains). Afterwards it replaced those three selectable stages with three more. The first three took a while to complete and admittedly got monotonous quickly. Granted, I made it much farther than I have in the past, but I digress.. I am mainly curious to see how much longer the game is. Trying to gauge whether I should force myself through the entire game in one sitting since my CD-i can't retain a save file.. :lol:
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:33 pm

It's a suprisingly long game. There are (I think) 10 different locations (and the later ones are longer, more difficult, etc...) I can't imagine playing it in one sitting ... :(
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:33 am

Trev wrote: I can't imagine playing it in one sitting ... :(
I did that, though admittedly with the game on the easiest difficulty level. Then again I love repetitive mindless brain-dead games.

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Gaara wrote:Then again I love repetitive mindless brain-dead games.
I do, too, but this one seems to take that concept to the next level.. :lol:
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Austin wrote:
Gaara wrote:Then again I love repetitive mindless brain-dead games.
I do, too, but this one seems to take that concept to the next level.. :lol:
I must admit, even *I* got fairly tired of it by the end (meaning I was walking (pacing back and forth, and generally standing up) with the controller in my hands....good thing that cord is fairly long)