AVGN reviews Dark Castle

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Protoman85
Burn:Cycle Activated

AVGN reviews Dark Castle

Post by Protoman85 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:42 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry ... ack/721808

I haven't tried it on CD-i myself, but I have tried the megadrive version. And if the CD-i version really is WORSE, it must be a truly bad game...

Also I think Dark Castle came out first on Amiga? Is that version better?

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:52 pm

Excellent, I just fancied watching something like this :)

Seb
Softech Recruit

Post by Seb » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:55 pm

It first came out on the Macintosh and was controlled with the mouse and keyboard. It's hard converting those controls to a console and the CD-i version is completely broken. It was one of the first CD-i games I did a review on. Not only does it control poorly, it also blows up the graphics, giving you only a small portion of the screen. So you'll have to memorize what's waiting for you off screen, like bats that swoop in for the kill for example.
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:35 pm

It's a shame because the visuals don't look that bad considering it was an early CD-i title. But from what I understand, no home port was good to begin with and nothing beats the Mac original.
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66