Video Glitches

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
nny_ix
Burn:Cycle Activated

Video Glitches

Post by nny_ix » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:53 pm

A friend of mine acquired a CD-i for $8 at a thrift store which I am super jealous of, he left it with me to find out how well it works, it plays audio CDs perfectly but when it comes to burned games, there are glitches in the intro videos and title screens. The game play bits don't have any issues, just the intro videos. I wanted to know if that's because we're using burned games (which if I could get my hands on actual factual CD-i games, would change) or if it's the video cartridge going bad (as is my suspicion). Please let me know so we know how to proceed with this system.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 pm

If the glitches only happen in the intro videos, it's more likely about corrupt files or bad CDR discs; The cartridge functions good the rest of the time, so nothing wrong with that.

nny_ix

Post by nny_ix » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:33 am

That's a huge relief. I wasn't sure if the video cartridge had anything to do with the only the intro videos or game play as a whole. I am now the owner of this wonderful unit as he knows how meticulous I am with my collection. That just means I have to hunt for actual games now to add to it and find out what's going on. It played the burnt copy of Hotel Mario perfectly, it was just the Zelda games and Dragon's Lair it was having issue with but it may also be because I was burning with Nero Ultra 7, I should be using Discjuggler like I did with my Dreamcast games but now that it's mine, screw burning, I need the actual games.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:06 pm

You know all three Zelda CD-i games don't use the DVC capabilities ;)

nny_ix

Post by nny_ix » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:38 pm

I know that now thank you!