Kingdom II - Shadoan; How to get to Caverns of Chaos??

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
skwatter
Burn:Cycle Activated

Kingdom II - Shadoan; How to get to Caverns of Chaos??

Post by skwatter » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:54 pm

I am playing this game on my authentic CD-i system and am at the point in the game when I need to enter the Caverns of Chaos supposedly from an area called the Skull Cliffs.
I have been at this for almost an hour and have traveled to all surrounding areas trying to enter these caves and have found no way of getting to them. I have looked for text/video walkthroughs but none of the ones i found pertain to the CD-i version. The Walkthroughs I found were for the PC/DVD versions that have completely different interfaces and don't help me with my version of the game.
How do I enter the Caverns of Chaos? The ONLY way I have ever been able to even SEE the option on the map to enter the Caverns of Chaos on the CD-i is if I utilize a spell of traveling to bring me to the Pirate's Cove, the watery coasty area near where the Caverns of Chaos are.
I cannot enter them though because the second I go to the Pirates Cove (It is the only location I can go to, I can't warp to the Caverns of Chaos) I get captured by the pirates and end up having to incorrectly advance the game's plot without having the items I get in the Caverns of Chaos.

WHAT DO I DO??

Thanks!! :D