What would you pay for the cdi FW380i Hi-Fi SYSTEM???

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
dealstokie
Burn:Cycle Activated

What would you pay for the cdi FW380i Hi-Fi SYSTEM???

Post by dealstokie » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:03 pm

How much would this player be worth? ( £ sterling? )
Someone has it for sale for £125 complete in working order, do you think its worth that?
Cdi forever, I so love retro consoles !!!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:08 am

to me it sounds pretty expensive. Although, the system is pretty rare, so it more depends on what you're willing to spend on it. If you think it's worth it, buy it! I don't think you see these systems a lot these days!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:57 am

I'd only pay something like that for an absolutely brand new mint FW380i still in original retail box then some more bonus material besides. Still it might be worth negotiating the price down to £60 if possible, that's what i'd pay for a second hand Hi-Fi...probably more than I would pay to be honest.

dealstokie

Post by dealstokie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:33 pm

I can have it for £100

First one Ive seen anywhere for sale.

Dont know what to do :(
Cdi forever, I so love retro consoles !!!

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:43 pm

I've seen then a few times on www.marktplaats.nl but never for that amount of money, that is really expensive!
I don't know for certain about this model, but other Hifi sets from philips from the same modell series, aren't build very well. The system allows dust to collect on a lot of fital parts of the system (like the laser lens, and the cassette mechanics), so alot of these systems failed rather early.

Foleyjo

Post by Foleyjo » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:33 am

theres one on ebay right now for £99 buy it now

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:37 am

XCLTempesT wrote:I've seen then a few times on www.marktplaats.nl but never for that amount of money, that is really expensive!
I don't know for certain about this model, but other Hifi sets from philips from the same modell series, aren't build very well. The system allows dust to collect on a lot of fital parts of the system (like the laser lens, and the cassette mechanics), so alot of these systems failed rather early.
Marktplaats is most of the times cheaper than ebay. Probably because it is only regional, once i picked up zelda for 5 guilders, that's about 2-3 dollars.