Bizarre flea market find

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
candela
Burn:Cycle Activated

Bizarre flea market find

Post by candela » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:03 pm

This morning I went to a flea market and I noticed the CD-i logo in a box of random audio cds. I went through the entire box and found a manual for Backgammon, a "Caesars World of Boxing" disc and some kind of boring professional thing called "De Gouden Brief 1993 op CD-i". Then I noticed a CD-r disc with a big sticker saying Lost Boys Interactive. Funnily enough, a few months ago I bought a few CD-i games and movies from the same seller (some old Turkish ? woman who most likely doesn't even know what CD-i is) and some of the movies had small stickers saying Lost Boys Interactive. Since it was only 1 euro I took it home hoping to found something cool CD-i gaming related.

This is the cover. It's a big sticker attached to the Philips CD-r insert

The disc itself has the following written on it: V.M.V.M. + a little heart.

There is also a manually written note inside saying the disc can be watched in a bunch of stores like Videoland, Freerecordshop, etc. It's signed with the name Chilus (I think)

I was happy to find it was an actual CD-i disc (size is 120MB). Here's the disc layout

I eagerly started the disc and got the following:

Title screen

Then a selection screen with 4 options. Options 1-3 start a slideshow with a few holiday pictures of some guy and girl. In the background we hear the songs "Dr Alban - Sing Hallelujah" and "Ace of Base - She Leads A Lonely Life" which, until today, I had successfully blocked from my memory

The 4th option DB gives us this screen which reads: Sweet Marije, I would love to go to the DB with you

So yeah, not exactly what I was hoping for. It seems to be something some Lost Boys employee made for his girlfriend. Anyone know what VMVM or DB means?

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:11 am

Wow that is a very cool find! Could only be on cd-i!

PM also sent.

I want to go to one of these flea markets!!

candela
Burn:Cycle Activated

Re: Bizarre flea market find

Post by candela » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Here are some proper scans. The previous pictures were made with a Webcam
Image Image Image