Dragon's Lair Problem

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
ReddMcKnight
Burn:Cycle Activated

Dragon's Lair Problem

Post by ReddMcKnight » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:41 am

Hi. I'm trying to play Dragon's Lair on my CD-i 220 Model, and every time I get past the Draw Bridge part in the beginning, while the character is walking towards the three doors, it doesn't continue on. Instead, the floor starts breaking, and a split-second later, he falls, and I didn't even press any buttons to warrant a failure. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Protoman85
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Protoman85 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:32 pm

If you don't press anything, doesn't that count as a failure too? The game wants you to press something specific, in a specific time.

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:45 pm

The game is an interactive movie where death is around every corner. You have to press buttons at the right time to get him to climb back up after falling through the bridge (I think it's one of the directional buttons, "up" probably).
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66