Looking some info for: Manna Space CDI-1000

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Tolvatar
Burn:Cycle Activated

Looking some info for: Manna Space CDI-1000

Post by Tolvatar » Wed May 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Hello there.
I was checking my collection of retro machines and games and i come to the cd-i box.
I buy long time ago a lot with a cd-i and some us games. Well, not really games but educational programs
Some days ago a friend ask me if i have a 450 model he was looking for and i think that was the model i have.
But when i check it i found the following:

And i don´t know what it´s exactly this.
My doubts:

-Manna Space is a legit developer/maker of CD-i machines? I never hear of them and it´s very difficult to find any info on internet.
-In the sticker says CDI450, on the label GDI-750J and in the machine CDI-1000. What it´s correct? All? None?
-Why a machine build in Belgium it´s assembled to run on 100V? It´s for the US or Japanese market?
-What it´s a fair price for this machine? 5,10,50,500 euros?

Thanks in advance.

highlandcattle

Post by highlandcattle » Wed May 15, 2013 10:01 pm

It is actually a goldstar clone of the CD-i 450 for the american market
look here :
http://www.icdia.co.uk/players/lg_goldstar.html

Why goldstar gave it two different names, I don't know. Phillips used to have a lot of factories in Belgium possibly it was assemlbed in one of those?
I don't know who Mana space. Probably some company who used these machines for some software

Tolvatar

Post by Tolvatar » Wed May 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Yep.
It´s the same as this one:
http://www.ebay.es/itm/PHILIPS-GOLDSTAR ... 500wt_1288

But Manna Space instead of Goldstar.
It make sense. I got it with a lot of US titles from a retired professor here in Spain that works on US for many years.

So, i assume the correct value for the machine it´s 30-50 euros? Less perhaps?

highlandcattle

Post by highlandcattle » Mon May 20, 2013 6:58 pm

It all depends on condition of course and location. Here in Belgiul they are common, I don't know for other countries. In any case I would say 25 without DVC and fifty with

Tolvatar

Post by Tolvatar » Mon May 20, 2013 7:17 pm

OK. Many thanks for your answers.
Here in Spain the cd-i it´s and obscure system and there is little knowledge of it.
Again thanks for solving by doubts