Found something called "CD-i Attractions 95". Rare?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
TaCDi
Burn:Cycle Activated

Found something called "CD-i Attractions 95". Rare?

Post by TaCDi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:04 am

Hello! I dunno if this is in the right part of the forum, but feel free to move the thread if that's the case.

Anyhow! I haven't been collecting games for a very long times, not physical ones anyway, I don't like collecting physical stuff anymore.
But I do like reading about old games and stuff, and I found this thing called "CD-i Attractions 95", but I didn't find anything about it, so I decided to buy it (I'm waiting for it to arrive atm).

But has anyone heard of this thing before? Is it worth taking out the CD-i out of the closet to see what's on the disc? It doesn't matter if it's just trash, because it was pretty cheap anyway.
Here's an image of it:

Update: It arrived today, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Update 2: The text in the lower right corner says: "Click on "Play CD-i" and the disc will go into a 2½ minute loop. This will show a selection of great Games, Movies, Music, Information and Children's Titles"

Update 3: Good news: I've found my CD-i 450. Bad news: I can't find the video cable. Good news again: I found my CD-i 210. Bad news: It refuses to play the disc. I knew my 210 model was semi-broken, but it was worth a try. I've been looking for the video cable for the 450 model for about an hour, but I can't find it. I'll search for it again later.
This is the coolest signature ever.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Re: Found something called "CD-i Attractions 95". Rare?

Post by Bas » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:45 am

Hi,
I've never seen it. The only interesting bits would be if some unreleased games are promoted on it... It's a nice find! Have you been able to see what titles are promoted on it?

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Have you managed to get your cd-i working yet? Would love to find out too which games are previewed on here... Am thinking though it would probably be titles like Thunder in Paradise, Chaos Control, Who Shot Johnny Rock...

Happy Christmas

Alan

rivarossi
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by rivarossi » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:51 pm

Ho un amico che possiede Attractions 95.

Lo ha fornito un dipendente Philips di Monza, dove io ho la residenza.

Qui a Monza c'era una grossa struttura Philips che studiava CD- i.

Non so se lo possiede ancora, provo a chiedere. Nel caso me lo presti, lo provo e poi faccio sapere.

Ciao
Cdi 220- Play3- Yamaha Z7- VPR Toshiba Dlp- tv Samsung Led 8000 55"- 8 Speakers Antony Gallo Adiva Ti + 2sub Gallo- Electric Screen 100 "- Apple Mac Pro 8 core - Mac book pro - Mac book Air