Was the CD-i 370 only released in Europe?...

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
dave4shmups
Burn:Cycle Activated

Was the CD-i 370 only released in Europe?...

Post by dave4shmups » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:31 pm

I would love to get a CD-i 370, but the only eBay auction that I have seen with one was in the UK. Was the model 370 only released in Europe? I think that CD-i s are cheaper and more common in Europe then here in the United States, due to the fact that Philips is a Dutch company. But I could be wrong.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Re: Was the CD-i 370 only released in Europe?...

Post by Bas » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:22 am

Hi,
The portable models never were widely available in consumer shops, but rather promoted at business models (at least that's how I experienced it in The Netherlands). As far as I know the 370 was for sale here, but only via business channels.

dave4shmups
Burn:Cycle Activated

Re: Was the CD-i 370 only released in Europe?...

Post by dave4shmups » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:19 pm

Bas wrote:Hi,
The portable models never were widely available in consumer shops, but rather promoted at business models (at least that's how I experienced it in The Netherlands). As far as I know the 370 was for sale here, but only via business channels.
OK, thanks for the info!