The Art of Performing - Dutch CD-i by NOB

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Seb
Softech Recruit

The Art of Performing - Dutch CD-i by NOB

Post by Seb » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:30 pm

I came across this title and had never seen nor heard of it before. Does anyone else have it? Do you know when it was released exactly and for what purpose? There doesn't seem to be a date on the case inlays, nor the CD itself. There's also no credits sequence, heck the title doesn't even feature the typical exit button!

The title itself isn't all that interesting truth be told. It's basically a bunch of video's and some blurbs of text explaining about the services the NOB provided. So it covers the making of a variety of audio, video and interactive productions and has a bunch of items on professionals in the field (the performers; editors, cameramen, etc.) who explain what they do.

From what I see on the disc, I'm think this was produced fairly late (1996-1997). Perhaps it was made the celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the company? Though that was in 1998, I think. Anyway, was just a nice oddity to find and am curious if others have run into it before (most likely).

Some pictures:
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Re: The Art of Performing - Dutch CD-i by NOB

Post by Bas » Mon May 02, 2016 8:38 pm

Hi Seb,
Interesting CD-i! There were LOTS of professional discs made, even a few in 2000 if I remember correctly. It looks like a nice presentation if you want to know more about NOB. That was obviously a time where something like this was still possible!

I never heard of it. Keep it safe :)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon May 02, 2016 11:37 pm

Apparently it has been for sale through the Multi Media Club and the Oog & Oor Magazine (so, the regular CD-i retail channels at the time) for 15 dutch guilders!
It's mentioned in the magazines:
http://www.cdinteractive.co.uk/download ... 7-1999.pdf

Seb
Softech Recruit

Post by Seb » Wed May 11, 2016 9:45 pm

Oh, nice find Bas! Very cool!
Could be a rather late title then... perhaps created to celebrate their ten year anniversary (1998 I believe)?
At that point I had well moved on from CD-i back then.
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!