Looking for Bang & Olufsen CDi title

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Looking for Bang & Olufsen CDi title

Post by KuroNeko » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:26 pm

I'm looking for a special CDi title I worked on as a tester.

This was a special disc, as it was never sold in shops. It came as a demo disc with the Bang & Olufsen TVs with built-in CDi players.

It had some first-time features such as MPEG loops. The camera would turn 360 degrees showing a panorama, and you could click on hotspots going to other places. The loop of 360 degrees was uninterupted and smooth. I know the programmer sweated a lot to get this fine tuned :D

The subjects were interviews and documentary style movies of some lesser known 'famous' people. Some chinese tycoon, a guy living and working in a wildlife park in Kenia, etc.

No idea what the title was that they actually gave the disc when it was delivered with these TV sets.

Anyone happen to have one of these?

Neko

InTheSand
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by InTheSand » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:37 am

Hi,

You could try asking some of the UK's Panasonic franchises, as these sell B&O stuff as well as the Panasonic stuff. Even as recently as two or so years ago, the shop in Horsham, West Sussex, had a B&O/CD-i combo TV for sale, for some horrendous price!

- Ali

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:18 pm

Giving this a little nudge rather than create a new thread. I'm still looking for this disc. I've sold all my players but would buy one again for this disc.

Has anyone seen one around? Or are they extinct?

Neko

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:45 am

Sounds interesting, and I've never heard of it. If it is as rare as the B&O players (which I guess it is) it's nowhere to be found: I've never seen a B&O player either for sale anywhere!

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:44 pm

B&O only sold players that were built into TVs.

TVs wear out much quicker and after 10-15 years would be thrown out. That's why no players by B&O are left.

The discs should have lasted a bit longer though :)

Neko

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:00 am

Good point! Yet I follow CD-i for over 10 years now and I've never seen one. Maybe it's the rarest CD-i player of them all.

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:29 pm

BUMP! :lol:

Still looking for this disc. I no longer have a player but for this disc I'd buy one again.

Neko

thomas
Softech Recruit

Post by thomas » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:15 pm

The disc in question is called BeoCenter AV5 and was developed by Moland Interactive.

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:47 am

Sounds right. Any idea where I might find one?

Neko

thomas
Softech Recruit

Post by thomas » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:13 pm

perhaps some Skandinavian countries.
Have you ever thought of going on to Tradera.com? It's the Skandinavian version of ebay/
http://www.tradera.com/search/result.as ... ategory=-1

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:03 pm

Thanks, never went north in my search for this, I'll try that!

Neko

Mcampellone
Burn:Cycle Activated

B&O CD-i disc...

Post by Mcampellone » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Surely, there MUST be some of these out there still with collectors, although I am sure very rare. You SHOULD be able to at LEAST convince someone to create an ISO image of that disc that could be burned, if anything, to preserve the contents? I say that you should keep searching, and if you find even just an OWNER of such a disc, I am sure we could offer them something for their trouble to burn an ISO! (that's the idea at least LOL)
Life is an adventure - let's make it happen together!

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:04 pm

The problem is finding someone who has one. Sofar 99.9% even haven't heard of it, let alone seen it.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Didn't they use to come with the Beocenter AV5? There's one for sale here, it's a little over EUR 900 excluding S&H.

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Thanks. I'll send them a mail, but since they say the drive is a CD player I have little hope they have the disc.

And I certainly won't pay their ridiculous price for a used tube TV just to get this disc :lol:

Neko