New CD-i website?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:01 pm

It's not bad, matthias, it's not bad at all. A news tab is still missing, although i assume that's what the main page is for... I'd like to see differences in 'developed by (content)', conversion by (as lots of titles (games) are conversions), and published by.

i should uniform the game boxarts. Like with arcade classics, that's not the original cover. From Alice, it's a long box version. It's a minor change, but i'd like to see it all in the same way...

Please include different covers as they are available, like with the apprentice, video speedway etc ...

A special catagory in 'software' for unreleased games? I'd like that, and there are a lot.

With 'movies' it is impossible to include every videocd. I should stay to the philips/polygram label, and make a difference between 'video cd' and 'digital video on cd-i'.

Good luck! Let me/us know if you need some help.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:47 pm

a few software mistakes,

-'l Affair Morlov is not published by philips... (released in 1996)
-l'ange et le demon' was not produced by philips... (This was Smart Move), in 1992
-the apprentice does not require the DVC. (yet it supports it)
-you alternate between 'philips media' and 'philips interactive media', perhaps a bit confusing.
-About Atlantis: There is no such thing as 'Philips ADS'. This is textbook for copying from other websites. Atlantis is produced by PRL Redhill. ADS is a 'support' team, In fact, it was a music group by three PRL members "Alan, Duncan, Simon", A.D.S.)
-big bang show was produced by infogrames, not philips
-braindead 13 was produced by Readysoft. not ICDI (not like the don bluth games...)
-Christmas Country was not published by Philips. This one is from Creative Media, in 1996 (developer is not DIMA, although it involves some of the same people)
-Christmas Crisis was produced by DIMA, in 1995, for Philips Media

And this is only about A-B-C... but i see you haven't added the rest......

-It is never mentioned that Solar Crusade is named 'Chaos Control 2'. -Although it is a sequel, the name is fiction. (That to say, The Last Bounty Hunter is not Mad Dog 3, as i see on the net here and there.) Drug Wars is officially called Crime Patrol 2, to name the difference...
-On your page, 'The Last Bounty Hunter' refers me to 'Laser Lords' game.
-I think with 'les stroumphs' you mean the teleportasmurf game?
-'demonstration' in SMWW is also a plain copy. by the way, this happens to be the only unreleased game in the list...

i know, i'm a completist in these things. But you wanted criticism!

Where did you get the software list from in the first place??
Last edited by Bas on Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:04 pm

Excellent site so far by the way, if you thought all i can do is whining...
Don't forget it is meant to be constructive criticism! Yet, when (if) Devin is ready with the black moon engine, i'll challenge you to beat me :)

haha
joking
i guess...

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:45 pm

No no! Keep it coming! I can take any kind of criticism, because I feel there's always a truth in it somewhere. I'm writing everything down that you mentioned, but I'd rather have people mailing me than replying to this topic, so I can easily flag things as I try to 'make things better'.
Where I got the list from? I made a mix of several lists that I was able to find... (And copied a lot of it, off course)

The 'News' section will indeed be the index page. You're also right about the box art. I'll stick to regular box sizes. Maybe I'll include the different covers under the 'media' section of every title.

Bas, you'd like a separation between released and unreleased games? Or just some kind of mention on a game title that says *unreleased*?
Wouldn't the first option be confusing for people who don't know if a specific game was ever released, yes or no?

With guys like you, I'm sure that even the smallest mistake won't go undiscovered. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again, Bas. You sure know your Kung Fu. :)
Oh, and I'm not trying to beat anyone, but you know that, I'm sure...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:13 am

Very cool, I like the arrows "Browse" function so you can flick through the archive.

On the standardised boxart front, i've considered doing all the USA release which had the regular CD jewel case format. Then in a boxout include the alternative versions with the PC styled cardboard box, long European design with tacky plastic hinge, Long USA style box then you have some of the boxsets!!

Speaking of which has anybody actually got The Vision Factory Bundle Disc?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:38 pm

the best way ofcourse would be a cross-table, where you can filter only the titles you're looking for. I mean, you choose the genre, score (like at IGN), released or unreleased, DVC required or not, now that's something!

devin, i remember you have asked that before about the bundle disc.
You still don't believe it exists?

i know Michiel has it. I know i had it, but somehow i've lost it. It should be in any of my boxes though ...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:53 pm

Bas wrote:the best way ofcourse would be a cross-table, where you can filter only the titles you're looking for. I mean, you choose the genre, score (like at IGN), released or unreleased, DVC required or not, now that's something!

devin, i remember you have asked that before about the bundle disc.
You still don't believe it exists?

i know Michiel has it. I know i had it, but somehow i've lost it. It should be in any of my boxes though ...
I think my memory over filled with CD-i knowledge selectively deleted this information :wink:

Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Merijn » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:53 pm

Yeah I have that disc actually.. Don't think it came in a box.. but I'll try and do a scan of the disc if anyone is interested

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:17 pm

Cross-table would be great indeed. But no way of doing that without asp or php, as far as I know... Or is there another way???

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:19 pm

i don't know anything about web-designing.

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:02 pm

SQL databases are the only way to fly!
It's like 1993 all over again!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:09 pm

Well, encourage the next cd-i site.....

http://www.theworldofcdi.com

Congratulations!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:45 pm

Very nice indeed :D

I like the way the CD-i scene is going with all these high profile domain names... philipscdi.com, theworldofcdi.com, cdinteractive.co.uk and cd-online.co.uk it should be impossible not to find active CD-i information on the net nowadays. What a reversal from a few short months ago!!
Last edited by Devin on Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:24 am

Great work Le Monde Team!! :D

I look forward to exploring your site and the new materials/resources tonight.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:20 am

Looks great, guys! Good work. I like the mkportal CMS software. It is very easy to use and to browse through! Excellent choice.

Keep it up!