What was your first CD-i title?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
oaacdi
Softech Recruit

What was your first CD-i title?

Post by oaacdi » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:40 am

Mine was "Treasures of the Smithonian". I had the Memorex CDI 2200 by that time. Needles to say, I watched it in every possible way you can, just to prove the "interactive" concept. I was breathles!

PD
Found the sales slip! $44 at Radio Shack, back in 1993!
Last edited by oaacdi on Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:54 pm

I remember getting the Compton's Encyclopedia with the CDi-210 when I bought it and receiving a coupon to send in and get 2 free titles from Philips. I chose Battleship and Connect Four... The lady in the shop gave me a demo version of Golf: The Palm Springs Open (It says Not for sale on the disc). So those four were my first titles.

Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Merijn » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:57 pm

Mine was Return to Cybercity... and I remember being in total awe when I first played it.. (you have to remember that before that I was used to 8-bit games on C64 and Amstrad..)....

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:59 pm

Merijn wrote:Mine was Return to Cybercity... and I remember being in total awe when I first played it.. (you have to remember that before that I was used to 8-bit games on C64 and Amstrad..)....
Surely you mean Escape from CyberCity, if it's the former we need to talk :wink:

My first game would be Burn:Cycle, sucked me into CD-i whole!!

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:03 am

Some people remember exactly where they watched the Lunar landing, where they were when they heared that Elvis had died or that John Lennon got shot...

I'll never forget my first encounter with Burn:Cycle...

Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Merijn » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:05 am

Devin wrote:
Merijn wrote:Mine was Return to Cybercity... and I remember being in total awe when I first played it.. (you have to remember that before that I was used to 8-bit games on C64 and Amstrad..)....
Surely you mean Escape from CyberCity, if it's the former we need to talk :wink:

My first game would be Burn:Cycle, sucked me into CD-i whole!!
yeah. wouldnt mind playing return once though;)

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:25 am

My first one was either Richard Scary's Busiest Neighborhood Ever or Richard Scary's Biggest Neighborhood Disc Ever. Ack.. I can't even remember the exact names! Any way, I loved those games so much. I never got tired of all the funny animation clips and things. Great stuff :)
It's like 1993 all over again!