Do you own any prototypes or beta versions...?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Nemesis
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Nemesis » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:45 pm

Sorry, :cry: no scanner or digital camera here,i can tell you the file is (493Mb). I havent ripped {Zelda's Adventure} yet so im not sure if this is just a copy of that game.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:23 am

I hope that game i ripped was Zelda's Adventure.I have tried all 3 of my dvd burners and everytime i stick Zelda's adventure in i get nothing but errors. sometimes computer freezes up.

enix2093

Post by enix2093 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:57 am

Just curious if anyone knows which versions of CD-i support play of CD-R games? I had a Magnavox CDI-450 w/DVC and it would boot them up but then once gameplay started it would crash and say "the disc may be dirty".
So far, the only versions I've heard play CD-Rs successfully are the CDI-220s...any others?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:36 am

enix2093 wrote:Just curious if anyone knows which versions of CD-i support play of CD-R games? I had a Magnavox CDI-450 w/DVC and it would boot them up but then once gameplay started it would crash and say "the disc may be dirty".
So far, the only versions I've heard play CD-Rs successfully are the CDI-220s...any others?
Please don't post the same question in two threads, it confuses any responses for a genuine need for help. Reply posted in this THREAD.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

enix2093

Post by enix2093 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:30 pm

Yeah, sorry about that... I didn't think of posting a topic of it's own until after I posted here.

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:06 pm

I have what I assume to be a Beta version of Marios Wacky Worlds. I think thats about it for prototype games, not to sure without going through all 40+ cd's lol.

Buyatari

Post by Buyatari » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:32 am

just found this one

I'm new to the CD-I so now I need to find a system that will play it.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:57 pm

Nice! I'm always curious to find out if there is anything different from the final version. Considering the date, there was very little time between this disc and the retail version!

Buyatari

Post by Buyatari » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:33 pm

Bas wrote:Nice! I'm always curious to find out if there is anything different from the final version. Considering the date, there was very little time between this disc and the retail version!
Borman sent me a message and bought it from me. He will give everyone a great breakdown of what is on the disc.

So when was this title released? We found dfferent dates when researching it and some were not possible. I'm guessing most site "borrowed" the release date of this title from other systems.

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:58 am

i love seeing photos of those US prototypes. do you think a version 0.01 would even be playable though?

Buyatari

Post by Buyatari » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:04 am

Shroo-man wrote:i love seeing photos of those US prototypes. do you think a version 0.01 would even be playable though?
We shall see soon!

Borman
Softech Recruit

Post by Borman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:45 am

Ill be doing the full writeup like I did with Thunder in Paradise, so look forward to it :P

Borman
Softech Recruit

Post by Borman » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:12 am

A quick overview of differences (that Ive found so far, with minimal playtime)

* Final version has a Philips startup video thing (standard for most / all games), beta does not
* Codemasters logo fades in, has a gradient background in beta. Final version has a plain background, but is animated
* Beta version has a version number on the main title, Final doesnt
* Beta version has no music during races, final does.

Unfortunately, my capture card doesn't seem to want to sync with the CD-i, so Ive had to take pictures of my projector. Surprisingly though, the CD-i has really clean composite (:() out. Dont have an S-video wire for my capture card so I cant try that.

Quick Screens (Beta vs Final)
ImageImage

ImageImage

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Very nice Borman, thanks for the update! I love details like this. Did you notice on the screen it sais version 0.10 and on the disc inlay version 0.01?

I noticed the ptoponline site is taken down in favor of your new site www.superiorversion.com? It it the same only new and better ;)? It look good!

Borman
Softech Recruit

Post by Borman » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:45 pm

Yeah pretty much :P

I noticed the screen vs disk thing, probably just differences in how the two companies labeled stuff. There are some file differences on the disk so Ill dive into them when I do a full feature :P