the worst CD-i game ...

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

the worst CD-i game ...

Post by Bas » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:31 am

what is, in your opinion, the worst cd-i game ever made? And, more importantly, why?

I think, as i can think of it, Dark Castle being the worst game made for cd-i. I really can't imagine Philips actually approved this title. The game is really not playable, and I've NEVER seen a platformer move on this clunky.

Ofcourse slow-paced activity is one of je major problems the cd-i had. I often felt the system needed ages to load a scene. Do you reckon certain titles have extreme long loading times (like with World Cup Golf)

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:40 pm

Hmmm worst CD-i game ever made ......Im not really sure that I have seen any that I would call the "worst CD-i game ever made" .. there were games that could have been done better but they still had Some good points about them.

But bearing in mind that I havent played every CD-i game ever made that might be why I cant think of any lol.
Last edited by tgn_rogue on Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:50 pm

which ones could have been done better in your opinion....?

davcrag
Burn:Cycle Activated

Re: the worst CD-i game ...

Post by davcrag » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:56 pm

Bas wrote:what is, in your opinion, the worst cd-i game ever made? And, more importantly, why?

I think, as i can think of it, Dark Castle being the worst game made for cd-i. I really can't imagine Philips actually approved this title. The game is really not playable, and I've NEVER seen a platformer move on this clunky.

Ofcourse slow-paced activity is one of je major problems the cd-i had. I often felt the system needed ages to load a scene. Do you reckon certain titles have extreme long loading times (like with World Cup Golf)
In regards to Dark Castle, that game was so bad it was funny! The store I used to work at had Dark Castle competitions while we had a nice cold keg of beer. To me, Dark Castle is like one of those really bad cult classic films. Just have to play it from time to time to get a good laugh!
Craig

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:50 pm

I have a hazy memory of inserting Video Speedway into my 210 player and never returning to it again, so it must have been pretty bad :wink:
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:02 pm

Yeah, I'll also give my vote to video speedway...

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:04 pm

I don't really have a "worst" cd-i game in my list, but I do remember that the announcers in the Palm Springs Open NEVER had anything good to say about you. :(
It's like 1993 all over again!

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:47 pm

Video Speedway got my vote too!
"Drivers, start your engines" was the only realistic part of the whole game. And the car engine sounded like a washing machine that got stuck! Zombie Dino's get's the silver medal.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:19 pm

Oh yes, i remember playing through almost all of the levels, especially the formula 3000 were sooooo slow, and nothing happened along the way. That was really boring..... The overall game presentation was quite good, in my opinion. The hassle began when you started to race...!