Uninvited

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Merijn » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:03 pm

Not sure if any production on it has ever been done, I mean.. I think it was only announced. ICOM simulations produced the PC versions, could be they were behind the cd-i versions as well?

Keep in mind though that both games have only been announced, and that no evidence whatsoever of their existing has ever been seen..

right? :-)

metalsphere
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by metalsphere » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:50 pm

These games were called the ICOM Trilogy. It consisted of three games, Shadowgate, Deja Vu and Uninvited. Shadowgate was by far the best title of the series IMHO. These games are also available for the NES. How I wish these games were ported to the CD-I. Here is a pretty good link...
http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Sh ... wgate.shtm

metalsphere (from across the pond)

Overdrive_X
Softech Recruit

Post by Overdrive_X » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:02 pm

Merijn wrote:Uninvited:

Another game using the graphical adventure interface found in Deja Vu and Shadowgate, Uninvited comes with a "horror" theme.

While driving on a lonely road at night, a strange figure blocks your vision causing you to swerve and crash your car. When you regain consciousness, you find that your sister is missing. The only place she could have gone is a creepy old mansion which looms in front of you. With nowhere else to go, you enter the mansion in search of your sister. It turns out the mansion once belonged to an old wizard and his apprentice, and somehow it has become infested with the Undead.

Hmm.. makes sense since Deja Vu was also supposed to appear on CDi at some point..
Damn ShadowGate was THE game i played it 6 years and i had to hack the save file cause i did not have the lance anymore and i had to cross the bridge. I played it from 5 years old to 11 :) DejaVu was excellent also there were the top game for my Macintosh. Sadly i didn't finish DejaVu 1 & 2. It's sad to see Uninvited was not released ...

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:09 pm

it is mentioned in this catalogue (along with deja vu)

Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Merijn » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:12 pm

Yeah nice to actually see the catalogue again.. There is a bit of mystery surrounding these 2 titles.. I do believe there's more than just rumors.. we need to dig deeper here!