Philipscdi.com

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Philipscdi.com

Post by Bas » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:20 am

Matthijs, keep us updated about your site and its progress!

Any news you can share?

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:49 pm

I guess you mean 'Mathias', right? ;-)

Yes, I'm constantly updating my pages. One at a time, off course. I work a lot, have a family and play music. And whenever I should be sleeping, I'm trying to update my site.
But be sure to check out www.philipscdi.com to see what has changed. Like it so far?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:52 pm

yes, it looks great. But what has changed? I see some media pages being added to the catalogue, sweet :)

Other than that..... what has changed?

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:52 pm

I'd like the public opinion on something.
Boxart: should different versions of boxart be available if they exist?
Long boxes and jewel cases, i mean. Not all different language version, off course...

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:53 pm

Other than that... well... hum... nothing, really... :(

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:55 pm

you should start to inform us of changes on the main page!

Ofcourse it would be nice to see different versions of boxarts, if you have them!

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:00 pm

I have some... And I will inform you on the main page. I'm sorry I haven't in the past. That's actually what its there for, I know.

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:25 pm

Uhm, can't there be some coordinated effort on this? Or is every site going to scan those CD-i covers for itself and duplicate a lot of effort? Same with lists and other stuff..

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:54 pm

My basic aim is to get the Front, Back, Inlays (if any!!) and Picture CD scanned as accurately as possible. Focusing on the regular CD Jewel Case designs to start off with so all versions displayed are standard... of course some would require the long box design as that was the only version for games like Dark Castle. The ultimate goal is to have European, USA CD Cover scans and include the early alternative designs like American long box, tacky European breakable plastic hinge long box then the uncommon cardboard box games.

Mathias if you want to use the boxart I post on Black Moon for improved preview images for philipscdi.com then go ahead, same goes for catalogue codes, developer and publisher information. I'd stick to the stuff i've updated for now which is posted in the Black Moon Forum, updating this everyday so like you say it's a gradual process!!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:08 am

I'll see where I get with the ones I have. Off course I didn't scan in everything. I see what's available elsewhere first...
Thanks Devin, I'll keep that in mind. :)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:15 am

Erronous wrote:Uhm, can't there be some coordinated effort on this? Or is every site going to scan those CD-i covers for itself and duplicate a lot of effort? Same with lists and other stuff..
That's clever Michiel. Ofcourse you're right, and with the case of Mathias there should be no problem, but apparently there are more websites who think in a different way about these 'efforts' ...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:30 am

Well each to there own I suppose :roll:

Seriously though Mathias, i'm focusing my efforts exclusively on the games so you could cover all the other stuff including Kids, Reference, Music, Movies and other categories. Then when i've updated all the little details it can be added to your archive. Come on don't torture yourself with more work than is necessary!! :wink:
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:44 pm

well, congratulations on the official launch! If you need any help with resources and information, let us know! I hope some larger preview images will be added!

Great work Matthijs, keep up the good work!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:04 am

Mathijs, how are you doing; still busy? :shock:

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:33 am

No, I'm not hibernating. Just very busy with my job and my band.
Both tend to ask for an extra effort towards the end of the year... I'll manage, even though I had to pull out my first grey hairs last week!!! Above that, I'm active in politics and we have elections coming up next year... To give you an idea...
As I said before, 24 hours per day just ain't enough. I'd pay big bucks for anyone who can give me more. :-)