The Black Moon Monthly Column - New

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Tom
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Tom » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:50 pm

Bas, on your Blackmoon Project you wrote, I quote:

"I like criticism, but not everyone does. I feel without it the retro scene slowly dies with copies and non original material."

This came as some sort of conclusive statement about Defunct and CD-i. Are you suggesting with use emulators to play CD-i games? If not, than neglect this message. If so, I can say I truly own all the CD-i games I reviewed. I wish there was a good emulator for CD-i games, so I don't need to get them secondhanded, but I can't find any good one (for Mac OS). So yes, I bought them all.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:30 pm

no way, but how you get that from my post... Maybe it seemed like when reading one of the earlier reviews (like from Chad), I asked him before if he played the original. So do you have any more CD-i review plans? I'm looking forward to reading them!

Tom
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Tom » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:03 pm

Heya, okay forget what I said then. Unfortunately I run out of CDi games. I'm just looking for one more game I'm curious about - "Mutant Rampage Body Slam", but I haven't find it yet. I probably won't be buying any new stuff soon.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:25 pm

too bad... Good choice to track down Mutant Rampage, it's an underestimated and fun game!

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:49 pm

Bas wrote:too bad... Good choice to track down Mutant Rampage, it's an underestimated and fun game!
Maybe that's enough information for Tom to write a review about it :?:

8) :wink:

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:03 pm

With respect to Defunct and their way of writing, I have to admit reviewing games is a tricky job! Only because some CD-i people wander around here doesn't mean the others don't do whatever they can. Thanks to the forum we can discuss flaws the way we see it (talking generally yes) although not everyone likes to be criticized. I hope Defunct take up the words being wise, not to put them down, that's the biggest mistake. To add, a website like Defunct Games is more a keeper than, say, Terratron's CD-i archive ;)

I would like to know what's happening!