New member? Say Hi!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Realtime
Burn:Cycle Activated

I found my family! :D

Post by Realtime » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:12 pm

Hello everybody my name is Andreas and i am an CD-I adict hihi

Quick little story, my father worked for philips here in sweden and one time for my birthday i got a philips CD-I player and there you go i was hooked. Ive always been a game nerd and a computer nerd hehe so i ended up working in that area aswell but CD-I always kept a warm place in my heart and has always been my favorite platform, as my love grew so did my collection as i'm sure everyone here has aswell. So for the ppl interested.

Heres my working CD-I hardware :

A CD-I 450 with DVc, a 220 model and my baby (named BigBertha btw) the Philips CDI 670 MMC and many extra controllers DVc cards etc and no i'm not boosting i never knew it had this following you see and i'm not gonna horde the stuff i'l be more than happy to share my collection in trade, sales etc with other Compact Disc Interactive lovers since there is always somthing different we search for hehe. I whont comment on my software since its booring and would take up space ive alredy used so much on for an hello postie ^^

Well sorry for the long intro but i'm so happy to have found this place!

Kindest and warmest regards Andreas :D
Last edited by Realtime on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:40 am

Hello Andreas! I can guarantee we're bigger addicts than you :wink:

Take this forum as 'Exhibit A' :D

Anyway, welcome... and I'm sure we'll have plenty to keep you entertained in the way of CD-i ware in the coming months.

MrHat

Re: New member? Say Hi!

Post by MrHat » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:00 am

Bas wrote:Are you a new member? Well, we would love to know you
better! Introduce yourself and tell us how you found this
place.
I am in Australia and I bought a lot from an auction which included a Philips CDi-210 and CDi-220. I have one DV cartridge which works in either.
I had not heard of DVi before so did a Google search.

lemmi

Post by lemmi » Wed May 21, 2008 1:56 am

Hello,
some of you might know me from the 3DO Zero forums, i live in Michigan
i found this site before the 3do forum was made when i was looking for info on some Cdi games i had, but i got most of my info from www.icdia.co.uk but its not that good for reviews of games

i found my first CDi system in the garbage sometime in 96/97 i think. i thought it was an old VCR with metal parts but it was a CDi 220 and it had the rollerball controller, the remote and around 10 games (no DVC in it, i bought that later)
i got it home and found that it worked (as in turned on) but i couldnt get the door to open, so i took off the top and manually opened/closed the door and i did that untill i got my LG GDI 700M system from the michigan supreme court in 2004 :)

now i have 3 systems with 1 portable

here is a pic of my entire collection
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff96 ... ighter.jpg

my LG system
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff96 ... system.jpg
the LG box
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff96 ... -side2.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff96 ... tembox.jpg

and the Supreme Court plate on the side of the LG system :)
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff96 ... mplate.jpg

i joined to ask if someone in the States would be interested in buying the trackerball and the portable CDi 350 with docking station off me
i need to pay some bills
:(

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Wed May 21, 2008 5:54 am

Hi, welcome to the forums. That is a nice collection I saw your photo album of your whole collection before but the CD-i titles on the spines weren't in focus though, so I couldn't see what software you have. That LG player box looks nearly identical to my DVS VE-200 box - box frontbox sidebox top. not surprising since LG did make the DVS player. IMO the DVS and LG CD-i players look the best out of all the CD-i players. I may be interested in the Philips 350, is complete? how much are you selling it for?
Last edited by Shroo-man on Thu May 22, 2008 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

lemmi

Post by lemmi » Wed May 21, 2008 9:34 pm

i hope this works, i wasnt sure which link to use so people can see my photo album, you can see all my games and my movies alittle better than the other ones you saw, a pic of what comes with the 350 is also in the album
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff96/3DOguy/

im looking to get as much as i can for the 350, or atleast what i originally paid for it, i bought it from gamgator on ebay for $181 +shipping
i also got the trackerball controller from him but i cant find that receipt

i was a good costumer he sent me a small swiss army type knife with his name on it :)

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Thu May 22, 2008 1:21 am

it works, thanks. those photos are much better. if you want the best price for your 350 then I recommend you sell it on ebay.co.uk. i've seen them go for over £150 and thats not even boxed! :shock:

wasabisabi

Post by wasabisabi » Sun May 25, 2008 10:14 am

I am new here as well, this is my first post on the forum. I have just ventured into collecting CDI and my main interest is getting NOS or new still sealed CDI games.

I am still trying to find a definitive list of games/software/movies/reference released for the CDI for different countries. Could someone point me to a list they think is accurate and complete? Thanks alot in advance.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:45 am

Welcome! For the most accurate CD-i software lists, I'd recommend PhilipsCDi.com

j_eits

Post by j_eits » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:04 am

I'm new here and want to introduce myself. My name is Jens, I’m from Bochum in Germany and I collect old video- and computergames of all kinds. I started collecting for the CD-i about 6 years ago and my main focus are the games. I’ve collected 4 different players and about 120 games so far. I do also have some other titles, but I’m not hunting them.

RCduck7

Post by RCduck7 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi, i'm new here and i'm intrested in the somewhat underappreciated platform the CD-i and it's games/software is.
I posted a new topic in the emulation board.

cya

aja007

Post by aja007 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi there. I'm new here but not to CDi!

I was a member of the Philips team setup to introduce CDi to the Uk back in 1992 and, even now, I am both surprised and disappointed it didn't succeed. Anyhow I still enjoy using my CDi at home...as do my wife and two kids!

Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Merijn » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:46 am

Hey Aja! Welcome to these boards! Glad to hear you're still enjoying your trusty CD-i!
Feel free to share some of your insider stories with the rest of us!!

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Thomas here, I've been a CD-I fan since the super nintendo days :)

I always wanted the 210 but never could convince my parents to spends £400+ on the unit (Which didn't even come with the Digital Video Cart).

I remember going into Dixons every Saturday to watch the demo's play and look through the latest titles.

I even bought one issue of the CDI magazine which took a months worth of pocket money to save up for :D

I first bought my CDI console (the 220) out of the Evening Post paper with about 90 games/movies/demo's etc around 6-7 years ago. It was great playing on the system at last and MCNO was still around so buying new games wasn't a problem.

I sold this though on ebay about 4 years ago to raise money to buy and renovate my first home.

Since then over the last 2 years I have bought a new sealed 470 which I've sold and a boxed 220 and 450 which I intend to keep.

I have around 20 games for the system right now, all the zelda games (Except Zelda Adventure) and all the ALG games.

I'm looking to have a complete UK collection of titles eventually and would very much like to trade on here in the future to achieve this.

executioner

Post by executioner » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:26 pm

Hello everyone I'm a video game collector with a non working Maganavox 550 but hopefully soon it will be fixed and enjoy some nice cdi games which I'm eager to try. Right now have 13 titles including dragons lair, kether, laser lords, space ace, voyeur and some sealed.