New member? Say Hi!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
vanessaw
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by vanessaw » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi there i'm new :) Just joined for some advice really hope someone here can help x

CDiUniversal

Post by CDiUniversal » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi I'm new to your forum, i have an extensive collection id say, I'm looking to sell all my games to
Old school gamer

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Welcome to all the new members :D

Tolvatar

Post by Tolvatar » Wed May 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Hello there.
Im new here and came from Spain.
I have a very little cd-i collection and some doubts.
Hope the good people around can help me.
Thanks

goldenband

Re: New member? Say Hi!

Post by goldenband » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:35 am

Glad to be able to post at last! I've been a CD-i owner since 2015, though I'd wanted one ever since I saw the infomercial in the 1990s with Link: Faces of Evil. Naturally, it was the first game I beat when I got the system. :)

My CD-i is an LG GDI-700M, which I bought after extensive research into which CD-i console would be the best option for me, and I've been very happy with it in every way. I use a SNES-to-CD-i controller adapter, though I actually beat Faces of Evil with the infrared remote control. I'm also a big fan of tennis games, and International Tennis Open is on my short list of games I want to take on soon.

EDIT: Oh, I also meant to mention the CD-i reviews by Seb/HalfBlindGamer on YouTube -- they did a lot to heighten my interest in the console. I hope he makes more someday!

william

Post by william » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:24 pm

Woohoo! It's been a while,but logged back in after many years away(never fear,still a cdi-I owner and fan),sadly don't Game as much nowadays but had many happy memories of my cdi :-)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi William, nice to see you back! This forum has some issues with new people signing up, so you're lucky you still have your account! Be sure to check Interactive Dreams once in a while, where we'll continue to feed the CD-i community with CD-i information. How have you been doing?

william

Post by william » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:49 pm

Hiya
Sadly slowly lost touch with many things through the years but hopefully back now(took a while to suss my user name(I knew I had commented on the new user and ram raid threads so searched until I found my old posts lol)
I suppose I took a midlife crisis and Gave up my retro game collection(around 60 machines and 4500 games) apart from my Amstrad 464 collection(my first ever computer) and my CDI collection(still not sure why this machine HAD to be kept,maybe because it was the first thing I bought when I started working or perhaps it was a completely different system with the fmv or interaction that I had to keep(still love surf city today) so had a busy time selling through eBay and the fb page Retro for sale and the games room became the Lego room
Having two kids now and thinking recently that I wonder how the cdi kids learning games would be much use to them and me nowadays made me think about returning here and here I am :-)
Still pick up bits once and a while but mostly been video cd stuff or philips stuff from holland(sometimes use the Dutch ebay) and maybe one day I'll get around to picking up axis and allies eventually
Anyway I'll stop wittering on and I hope that life has been treating you all kindly

william

Post by william » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:28 pm

Thanks omegalfa
Yep I suppose life moves on and things change,sad to see that have been a member here for so long and sadly so few posts(I was more a gamer so limited knowledge to the more technical side of things)
Still regret throwing out my cdi paperwork and ramraid t-shirt(I came 2nd in the very first online ramraid comp,but already mentioned that in an earlier post of mine here)
Ps.
My biggest annoyance with the cdi was that micro machines didn't have a save game feature lol