New member? Say Hi!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
YAGRS
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by YAGRS » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:43 pm

Hey, all. I have a blog on which I review games, and I just received my first CD-i system and games yesterday. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the games I've read about for years but never got a chance to try, such as Burn:Cycle and The Apprentice.

I'm glad that this site continues to stay online, considering that others have gone away. There isn't a whole lot of info readily available out there regarding the CD-i, so this site seems to be the source for any questions regarding this system.

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:48 am

Hi there

Thanks for stopping by. I will check out your review. Most people don't rate cd-i too highly, but on here we LOVE it! :D

Enjoy playing the games.

Alan

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:04 pm

Welcome, I'm looking forward to your opinions. Check out Interactive Dreams for more CD-i info, I gather everything there is right here.

nate_rl

hello every one

Post by nate_rl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:15 am

hello,
i m the newest member. i am from USA and i have a 220 with burn cycle and all three Zelda games. i have mystic midway as well but don't like it as much.i stumbled onto this site and have to admit it is awesome the info and availability of soft and hardware is incredible. hope to talk to you all more
thanks
Nate
:P :D

cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

Post by cdiplayer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:38 am

oh hi um sadly the only games I have for my cdi are hotel mario and zeldas adventure :cry:

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:38 am

welcome to the forum here Nate and cdiplayer. As far as I know it's the only cd-i forum on the net and while the community is small, there's loads of info to be found about cd-i. Along with the forum we maintain The Black Moon Project and Interactive Dreams, both fully dedicated to CD-i as well. Hope to speak to you soon ;)

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:55 am

Only fitting that I say, hello guys, gues who's back :D.

TaCDi

Post by TaCDi » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi!
I won't say my name but you can call me Jocke if you want 2.
Im living in a little crappy village in sweden.
I got 1 CD-i 450 and a 210
My favorite CD-i game is The Apprentice, its rly fun.
I dont have so much games doh, only 40 games.
I got 3 gamepads, 4 wireless controllers and a peacekeeper gun.
D*mn, Im kinda dizzy right now so sry for bad english.
This is the coolest signature ever.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:14 pm

welcome! So: how and why CD-i? How was that like in Sweden?

nrg78

Hello from Portugal!

Post by nrg78 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:04 am

Olá! ;)

A newbie around here but not so newbie on CD-i, had a 450 right from the start of CD-i around here in PT, now bought myself another 450 for my place (the other is still with Dad's! ;) )

Been browsing and buying some discs on eBay, plus I have some of my Dad's discs that I wanna copy 4myself, also I need some tech support for my "new" 450, so I have some questions arising! eheheh....

I'm a 31years old IT and electronics kind of guy, a Philips fan since ever (I still keep my VideoPac fully operational! eheheh... the Video2000 VCR did got that lucky...) and now I'm willing to learn and aid in every way I can around here!

Daniel
Long (re)Live CD-i! =)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:01 am

Nice! Welcome aboard, the CD-i community is a niche place and it's nice to see new people hopping on lately :D

TheCDiFanboy92
Softech Recruit

Post by TheCDiFanboy92 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:27 pm

cool i had a videopac to untill my brother broke it :cry: nice to see more ppl :wink:

nissling

Post by nissling » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:15 pm

I'm a new member here and just like TaCDi (he's been my friend for over a year by now :D) I'm from Sweden. I'm probebly the youngest member here, I'm only 14 years old.

I collect Videogames, most of all Sega Mega Drive/Genesis and my goal is to get my hands om every PAL 32X-game that was released. Belive me, it's more of a pain that what you could imagine. I've tried on alot of diffrent consoles such as Nes, Snes, N64, Saturn, Dreamcast, Virtual Boy, 3Do, Cd-i etc. and I have to say that CD-i is a underrated system. I didn't bought it for the Nintendo-games, I bought it for Burn: Cycle. One of my teachers in my school had Burn: cycle for the PC/Mac and he said that it was a really good game so I searched it up and I found it for the CD-i. It's one of the best games ever, togheter with Snatcher (Sega CD), Metal Gear Solid, Sonic CD (Sega CD) and Knuckles' Chaotix (32X).

For the moment, I don't have a CD-i. I had a model 450 in over a year, but I had to sell it becuse I needed money. I'm planning to buy a CD-i 220 next week with a DVC and I'm looking forward to it. :)

Other then video games, I don't really any other interests that takes up my time. And remember!

Rather a CDi-freak then a WoW-geek! :D

TheCDiFanboy92
Softech Recruit

Post by TheCDiFanboy92 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:56 pm

nissling wrote:I'm a new member here and just like TaCDi (he's been my friend for over a year by now :D) I'm from Sweden. I'm probebly the youngest member here, I'm only 14 years old.

I collect Videogames, most of all Sega Mega Drive/Genesis and my goal is to get my hands om every PAL 32X-game that was released. Belive me, it's more of a pain that what you could imagine. I've tried on alot of diffrent consoles such as Nes, Snes, N64, Saturn, Dreamcast, Virtual Boy, 3Do, Cd-i etc. and I have to say that CD-i is a underrated system. I didn't bought it for the Nintendo-games, I bought it for Burn: Cycle. One of my teachers in my school had Burn: cycle for the PC/Mac and he said that it was a really good game so I searched it up and I found it for the CD-i. It's one of the best games ever, togheter with Snatcher (Sega CD), Metal Gear Solid, Sonic CD (Sega CD) and Knuckles' Chaotix (32X).

For the moment, I don't have a CD-i. I had a model 450 in over a year, but I had to sell it becuse I needed money. I'm planning to buy a CD-i 220 next week with a DVC and I'm looking forward to it. :)

Other then video games, I don't really any other interests that takes up my time. And remember!

Rather a CDi-freak then a WoW-geek! :D
welcome! i think the cdi is underrated to, sure it wasn't as good as the SNES. but it was still a good system.

ps. love your tekst: 'Rather a CDi-freak then a WoW-geek!' :wink: i hate WoW :P

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I remember when I was 14 and the CD-i was still being sold in store's such as Dixons here in the UK.

The CD-i does have some great games, for me it was the conversions of Mad Dog McCree and other American Laser Games titles that first attracted me to buy one.

At the time when you see other system (SNES and Mega Drive) and then you saw the CD-i playing games like Palm Strings Open there was no contest in my opinion! The CD-i looked miles better.