New member? Say Hi!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

New member? Say Hi!

Post by Bas » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:09 pm

Are you a new member? Well, we would love to know you
better! Introduce yourself and tell us how you found this
place.

---------------------------
CDinteractive is a network of CD-i related websites, including extensive resources for CD-i like the well-known New International CD-i Association and The Black Moon Project. Our aim is to build the most detailed discography for CD-i, maintain a healthy community and provide you with the latest news from the scene.

thomas
Softech Recruit

Post by thomas » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:16 am

newbie here, hi
got a little CDi collection, like it nevertheless

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am

Hi, thomas,
what kind of player do you have? Where are you from? If you're after some cd-i stuff let us know, I'm sure we can help.

xxjustinukxx
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by xxjustinukxx » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:47 am

Hi everyone!

Im new to this site, used to own a cdi and have recently bought another one from ebay as I miss it! I found this site after looking for a peacekeeper revolver on google and am still looking for one! Anyone help, let me know!

Im after games (dragons lair one or two, mad dog mccree [with the gun!] ) and any remotes/controllers or joysticks.

Hope to speak to fellow cdi gamers!

feel free to contact me if you'd like!

Justin

:D
"Try not. Do or do not...There is no try" - Yoda

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:17 am

Welcome! Another Diamond CD-i geezer from the UK :D

If your looking for a complete Mad Dog McCree Boxset we sell them over at The Blackmoon Project CD-i Store in two variants, one at £20 complete and brand new with the game plus Peacekeeper Revolver and another offered at £10 without the game but includes everything right down to the little velcro fasteners although the box is a little bashed up!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

xxjustinukxx

Post by xxjustinukxx » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:25 am

great! :D

Its so hard to find CDI Stuff (well, at least im finding it hard). This site certainly makes things easier!! :D

So, , can any recommend a game, or several games that i absolutely MUST own to complete my revived cdi collection?

Justin :D

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:47 pm

you should regularly check eBay, a lot of cd-i stuff is offered every week.

For the games, being a fan of the PeaceKeeper Gun you should try to get hold of Mad Dog McCree, Chaos Control and Creature Shock!

What kind of games do you like? You can also browse through the Games Archive at The Black Moon Project and have a look if you come across any familiar favourites!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:47 pm

I could recommend some games but they would be biased to my own tastes! So her goes... i'd recommend The Apprentice because it's just the damned cutest platform game invented plus it has a hidden mini Space Invaders game that has to be seen to be believed and also "Nudality" cheat codes which can be activated from the Game Over screen. If your really into old school gaming then you can't go far wrong with the ADS conversions of Arcade Classics and Pac-Panic the finest version available on any format! Continuing the theme of classic remakes then Golden Oldies 1 and Golden Oldies 2 warrants further investigation, although these are quite rare but can be found for about $20 a piece from the GAMGATORS PHILIPS CDI SHOWCASE store on ebay USA. Outside of these, Hotel Mario is very playable and you can't beat the American Laser Conversions along with other Digital Video games like Brain Dead 13.

xxjustinukxx

Post by xxjustinukxx » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:53 pm

thanks!

Much appreciated!

Yeah, Im really looking forward to owning a peacekeeper and as many games as possible!

How does the revolver work? Is like a regular light gun? And how do you calibrate it?

I saw on the "blackmoonproject" website that they sell the set with "velcro fasteners". What are they for? is the gun movement on the screen pretty sharp?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:02 pm

The Velcro Fasteners were used to attach the lightgun sensor to your TV so it's fixed in position! I was just illustrating that the slightly bashed boxset is as complete as the new version except it just lacks the game Mad Dog McCree. Not to confuse the issue only one Mad Dog McCree Boxset was ever released however the Peacekeeper Revolver has been issued in a package as the gun itself without any game! If that makes any sense!?! :roll:

Calibration is carried out throughout whichever game you are using be it Mad Dog McCree its sequels or perhaps the Crime Patrol series and Who Shot Johnny Rock. Quite a few of these games to be had!

xxjustinukxx

Post by xxjustinukxx » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:47 pm

ah, i see!

I thought it might be for some kind of sensor.

so, whats the smoothness of the gun in mad dog like?

just curious as i never owned it originally and remember the arcade version fondly, blimey i spent so much money on that and got sick of that funeral directors face! Anyone who's played it knows what i mean!!!!

:D

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:01 pm

well, you can imagine it's not as smooth as a lightgun! It's damn playable nonetheless! How smooth do you want it to be :D

xxjustinukxx

Post by xxjustinukxx » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:58 pm

:lol: fair point!

Talk about teasing - my first game since i got a cdi again arrived today (lords of the rising sun), but i dont have a remote or a controller yet so i cant play it! :roll:

oh well, i get paid next friday so i'll be in touch with the black moon project and will be getting some more games and a controller!!

xxjustinukxx

the revolver

Post by xxjustinukxx » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:17 pm

Hi!

This is probably a bit cheeky and a bit of an ask, but ive got an eye on mad dog game on ebay and if i win it would be looking for JUST the peacekeeper revolver, did you say you sell that separately?

the game ends in an hour so if you get a chance to reply before then, thatd be great! If not, dont worry and i'll either buy just the gun or the game and the gun from the "black moon project" anyway.

Thanks!! :)

xxjustinukxx

Post by xxjustinukxx » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:19 pm

what a dummy!

I just noticed on the Black Moon Project that they do indeed sell the gun separately - for £10!

sorry to bother you all!!

:oops: