New member? Say Hi!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:17 am

Welcome to the forum.
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

pampyras
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by pampyras » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello from Lithuania ;)

nny_ix

Hello

Post by nny_ix » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:49 pm

A friend of mine is a new CDi owner, found a CD-i 220 in a thrift store for $8! I shun that kind of luck but he's left it with me to find out if it works or not.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Welcome! I hope you'll like this place (and spice it up a bit please :D)

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Fri May 18, 2012 3:35 pm

Wohoo, am finally back (again) after god knows how long haha. And now I have almost finished unpacking everything,

I have finally got around to connecting my 220 up to my HD TV, so will be carrying on from where i left off with on a fair few of my projects :D, including possibly having a go at some Classic/older Game Lets Play videos on a new youtube channel I'm working on putting together, so that should be interesting/fun as well as all the other more Art based CDi Projects i have/had on hold haha.

But its good to be back, finally :)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:09 pm

tgn_rogue wrote:Wohoo, am finally back (again) after god knows how long haha. And now I have almost finished unpacking everything,

I have finally got around to connecting my 220 up to my HD TV, so will be carrying on from where i left off with on a fair few of my projects :D, including possibly having a go at some Classic/older Game Lets Play videos on a new youtube channel I'm working on putting together, so that should be interesting/fun as well as all the other more Art based CDi Projects i have/had on hold haha.

But its good to be back, finally :)
Cool, I hope, after so many come-backs, you finally get to show something :)

ArfredHitchcacku

Re: New member? Say Hi!

Post by ArfredHitchcacku » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:10 am

I'm Arfredhitchcacku, who previously joined the 3DO section of this website upon searching "3DO Forums" on Google (How did anyone else find it? :P) My name therefore comes from the Japanese game Alfred Hitchcock Presents on the same system. I've loved the CD-I and its library years before joining here and it's one of the systems I plan to add to my 17 system collection. Numerous games interest me, just to name a few The 7th Guest, Alice in Wonderland, Dragon's Lair 2, Flashback, Myst, Burn:Cycle, Lemmings, Maddog Mccree II, Lost Eden, Tetris, Voyeur, Mutant Rampage, Christmas Country, Zenith, and (obviously) the Nintendo licensed games. The forum and the community looks excellent as does its surprising activity (given the unfortunate obscurity of the console) which I hope to add to.
Best game on 3DS? The only one that's also on CD-I.

JOCKY1

Post by JOCKY1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi Newbie on here live in Scotland UK.
I bought my first CDI 210 when they first came out and loved it. Now have 3 210/s and just need to find my discs and buy some more. John

twoquickcapri

Post by twoquickcapri » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi, I had a CD-i (450 w/ DVC) back around 1996 mainly do to the Zelda games. At the time I didn't know they (Zelda games) were lacking. Sold it a few years ago do to fact that it had been sitting in its box for almost 6 year. Had no plans to pick-up another one, but a week ago I found one (220 w/IR remote) at goodwill for $10. This time I plan on sticking to the good games and I'm looking forward to get my hands on a copy of The Apprentice.

JokerJur

Post by JokerJur » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi all, good to see the CDi is still going strong!
I'm a long time video game collector and completed a full PAL GameCube set earlier this year. I've been thinking about another set to complete and I came to think of the CDi. As a kid, I used to play on the system when we were on vacation and I have good memories of it.

I've always found it an interesting system and my 3 year old daughter thinks so too! I'll take some photo's later on for the stuff I already have.

May have trade material as well, I'm in the habit of buying lots and selling the extra's on eBay.

See you around!

qw4tt0r

Post by qw4tt0r » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Welcome all. ;)

@JokerJur,
A complete PAL gamecube set?
That sounds really awesome, the gamecube is my favorite system (although I don't have many games for it). ;)
I am looking forward to your pictures, I have some CD-i games double so maybe we can trade (but my doubles are very common games so you might have them already).
Philips CDi 210, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, 3DS, N64, Game Cube, PS1, PSone, PS2, PS3 slim, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, PC.

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:13 am

Hi JokerJur, didn't know you was a cd-I fan :-)

JokerJur

Post by JokerJur » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:07 pm

K1ngArth3r wrote:Hi JokerJur, didn't know you was a cd-I fan :-)
Now you know! :wink:
I'll post some pics of my stuff tomorrow, for now I'm selling a set of spares on eBay: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/221129746689?ssP ... _646wt_922

Could pull it off if there are bits anyone here is interested in!

Also, anyone ever saw this one?

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/221129782547?ssP ... _736wt_922

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Good to see some new faces around these quiet parts. :)
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

espin

Post by espin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 am

Brand new member here! I recently got a CD-i 220 and can't wait to do some gaming. I don't have a controller yet or a digital video cartridge, but I figure this was a good place to start! I posted in the buy and sell forum if anyone can give me some tips. I live in Canada and CD-i is very hard to find here! Looking forward to hanging around this forum as I'm a big game collector/player but I'm very new to CD-i as I never thought I would find one.