New to CDi - Would like some general technical info

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.

CDi platers are

Poll ended at Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:17 am

Rubbish
No votes
Weird
No votes
OKish
33%
Good
33%
Excellent
33%

Total votes: 3

MrHat
Burn:Cycle Activated

New to CDi - Would like some general technical info

Post by MrHat » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:17 am

I picked up a Philips CDi-210 and a Philips CDi-220 at an auction. I had not heard of CDi before. I have one DV cartridge.

Both players work with CD music and VCD video but the playback stops after about a minute. It then returns to the menu screen. I don't have a remote control or gamepad so can only operate the players from the front panel.

Only some VCDs will play. I downloaded two free games and burnt them to CD-R but neither are recognised. Advice please.

At first I was going to bin these players but having seen the interest I am wondering if they are of interest to someone local, either to sell or even give away. I would like some advice on that too please.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:44 am

does a message appear when the player returns to the menu? Like that the disc might be dirty? Be it would help to clean the player with a lens cleaner? Also, did you try original CD-i discs, or just the downloads? Maybe something went wrong in the burning/download proces?

by the way, what are 'cdi platers' ? :o

MrHat
Burn:Cycle Activated

Re: New to CDi - Would like some general technical info

Post by MrHat » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:38 am

I sometimes get a message about licensing, then it returns to the menu. Both players do the same and its not at the same place each time. One VCD is professionly produced and another I tried is one I made myself. They play OK on a DVD player and a PC. I don't have any specific CDi disks.

Is there much interest in Australia? I was thinking of giving them away rather than tossing them out.